• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Build-up

47gmhracer

NAXJA Forum User
I figured I would start one over here since I have one going on Dezertrangers.

Here is what I got so far. I copied this from my other build up so hopefully I got it all. SORRY FOR ALL THE PICS!!

I bought this Jeep after I sold my truck. I bought it mostly so I can carry more people and because I missed my first Jeep.

Here's when I bought it.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0164.jpg

Then the same weekend I purchased the Rubicon Express 5.5" Extreme Duty Short arm kit with the drop brackets. Along with the kit I got the Rubicon Express mono tube shocks, a Tom Woods custom driveshaft, and a Slip-Yoke eliminator kit.

and I picked up the tires from a buddy, and the rims off craigslist.

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0166.jpg

Last edited:
Then I found a Dana 44 at pick a part for $100 :cool: Put in all new bearings and cleaned up everything.

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

Then I put it all together

stock and New springs

IMG_0167.jpg

new brakes for the front.
IMG_0174.jpg

the kit going on

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

Braided brake lines.

IMG_0177.jpg

The front end done!

IMG_0179.jpg

then we cut the front fenders.

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

then onto the rear.

IMG_0182.jpg

stock and new springs.

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

then we put in the slip yoke eliminator kit and got a new chain and other little parts for the transfercase.

old
IMG_0185.jpg

new
IMG_0187.jpg

transfercase
IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

old head pipe
IMG_0188.jpg

new exhaust system with bigger piping and a Spintech muffler

IMG_0203.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

ran the pipe out the back and it looks kinda cool how I decided to do it.

IMG_0206.jpg

then some random pictures of it.

IMG_0204.jpg

NewImage3.jpg

then I bought a L.E.D. amber light and mounted it in the back window, it is really bright at night!!

IMG_0269.jpg

my light switch.

IMG_0272.jpg

and the light from the outside.

IMG_0273.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

I then bought some hood pins and put those on.

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

then I just got the jeep tinted with limo on all the windows except the driver and passenger I got 35%

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0279.jpg

and they cut out the tint so my amber still shines through with out going through the tint.

IMG_0278.jpg

and my last update for now. my cat died today so I bought a high flow cat and had it put on.

IMG_0276.jpg

did some updates.

Put in a full stereo. Headunit, speakers, 10" sub, amp, box.

Got these for graduation. T&J Frame Stiffeners.
IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

and got these from a friend. They are made by Rustys

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

I cleaned them up and took truck bed liner in a can and put it on the underside so when I paint the tops soon they wont crack from rocks hitting them. I put on 3 coats.

before
IMG_0336.jpg

and after
IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Last edited:
Did some upholstery work and wrapped the speaker bar in some black material instead of the tan it had. It is a material on top of a little layer of foam. And I added a little switch so the lights inside can be turned off when the back door is open so we can sit there and not have the lights burning away.

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

and I got some Fox 2.0 x 4" bumps. I need to get cans for them, and gonna put some new delrin pads on them and ditch the aluminum ones.

IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

re-geared my rearend today and took out the front driveshaft.

now it has 4.10's! and feels quicker.

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1335.jpg

new ! Mastercraft Padded 5pt. Harnesses I got 2 of them.

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

Would like to thank T&J Performance products, their shop is really cool and everyone there was really nice and helped out with any questions!! I will definitely go back to them soon for some more stuff.

IMG_1350.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

I will be getting some more material this week for more tubes and gussets to be added.

Couple questions.

What's the time frame this has taken place over?
How old are you (you mentioned graduation)?

VERY nice build. You have picked all quality products. Should be reliable and safe when you are done.

Awesome build-up, I'm also curious how much time this took. Looks like you are doing everything right and not taking any shortcuts.

First time I've seen anyone mention Spintech mufflers. Best sounding mufflers I've ever heard, I'm surprised they aren't more popular.

Keep up the great work, I see you got the Fox air bumps, are you planning on running some bigger shocks as well?

Couple questions.

What's the time frame this has taken place over?
How old are you (you mentioned graduation)?

VERY nice build. You have picked all quality products. Should be reliable and safe when you are done.

I got the Jeep completely stock in February and started on it right away. Just got my cage I posted last weekend, and I just got back from getting a couple more sticks of material. The cage will start this week.

And I am 19.

Awesome build-up, I'm also curious how much time this took. Looks like you are doing everything right and not taking any shortcuts.

First time I've seen anyone mention Spintech mufflers. Best sounding mufflers I've ever heard, I'm surprised they aren't more popular.

Keep up the great work, I see you got the Fox air bumps, are you planning on running some bigger shocks as well?

I love my muffler, it sounds amazing and a good amount of people I know also run them.

I will also eventually be getting bigger shocks, and 2 more bumps for the front end.

Back