• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

please specify competition or recreational use when asking questions.

61scout80

NAXJA Forum User
The jeepspeed prerunner section of naxja gained a lot of momentum lately and it seems the term "jeepspeed" is getting assigned to any jeep built to go fast on dirt, either recreationally or competitively.

To adhere to jeepspeed competition rules many items can not be modified, or must be held within a certain spec. Obviously for recreational use this is not true. In order for those looking for solutions to keep to the jpspeed rules, or go as wild as they desire it would be helpful if you can specify that your question or answer is used in competition or recreation.

I don't expect everyone who is interested in recreational desert running to know the jeepspeed rulebook, but adding something as simple as "I only run mine recreationally, but ____ works for me" would tell the reader they need to make sure the modification fits the rules if they plan to compete.
Those looking for info on competition use could say something like "on my competition jeepspeed I...." to let the reader know the mod fits the current rules.

I think adding the simple words recreation and competition would clear up a lot of confusion in this section.

I agree, and it makes a lot of sense. Prerunner or Jeepspeed should be specified, though most of us know what the others have. Although you also have to figure there's 3700 class JS which is basically unlimited...

Not sure this needs to be stickied, maybe added to the Jeepspeed FAQ.

I agree, and it makes a lot of sense. Prerunner or Jeepspeed should be specified, though most of us know what the others have. Although you also have to figure there's 3700 class JS which is basically unlimited...

Not sure this needs to be stickied, maybe added to the Jeepspeed FAQ.

Ya ii agree sticky it!, I don't even know all the jeepspeed rules yet but I know I asked a question about jeepspeed an meant it in strictly race purpose not rec an can see how that can be super confusing..

You should also specify your sanctioning body, because some allow pool noodles for roll cage padding and some require it to be SFI rated.

You should also specify your sanctioning body, because some allow pool noodles for roll cage padding and some require it to be SFI rated.

and/or the class...

Some of us with XJ's run in competition... some of us go fast...

Some of us do both, but not at the same time.

Back