• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

empi seats??

Hmmmm... empi?

Back when APC was still in business they had some seats made in China that looked good from a distance, but were complete junk when you got up close or god forbid sat in them.

You could feel them bend if you leaned back in them.

These may not be them, but the price sure sounds like them.
For an extra $100 or so you could get some PRP's and rest assured that you have a quality race seat.

Eric

I say for that price you cant go too wrong, BUT as Eric said for a few more you can get a little more assurance in quality

actualy there not that bad . if you have a fat a$$ get the larger ones tho. im a 42 and its kinda a tight fit. but there comfy.my only complaints are some of the foam is sticking out its wird ill have to get a pick for ya .and the back is kinda short but im a big guy 6'5. but there way better than stock !! hope that helps .i had mine for all most 2 years .

Ordered some yesterday. I do upholstrey for a living and metal work on the side so for the money if something goes south, it's not like I can't fixem.

Have you looked into Garage Pro Seats?

No don't buy those! I put those in my mj and the first time I got in them the foam came off the frame on the left side "thigh bolster". Not to mention there are small piles of flaking foam under the seats.

Anybody ever use the empi mounts? from memory it sounds like the seats mount with the same measurements as the corbeau.

Last edited:
I had race trim seats in my sandrail i was told they were the same as the empi seats. They were nice for the price I liked them

Got mine yesterday, the covers fit loosly in the seating area but a little spray adhesive solved that issue. Look to be a good construction but the finish work is a little less than I would expect from something like a beard or mastercraft. The stiching all looks great but the pain on the frame looks cheap and the welds arent makhine welded. All in all I'm 100% happy with the purchace and feel like it's still a great bargain.

Got mine yesterday, the covers fit loosly in the seating area but a little spray adhesive solved that issue. Look to be a good construction but the finish work is a little less than I would expect from something like a beard or mastercraft. The stiching all looks great but the pain on the frame looks cheap and the welds arent makhine welded. All in all I'm 100% happy with the purchace and feel like it's still a great bargain.

did you buy their mounts?

Back