• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XMAS - After Hours Snow Run

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
After surviving two nights of family dinners, I was ready to get out of town for a bit. I met up with Chad in BG Christmas night, and we headed out into the GPNF.

Let out some air, and locked in the hubs.
DSCN2334.jpg

LED's lit the way.
DSCN2337.jpg

Started getting deep quick.
DSCN2338.jpg

DSCN2340.jpg

Started breaking trail, time to get serious.
DSCN2345.jpg

The snow while fresh, was really dry (powder). It didn't have enough moisture to pack well, and proved to be a challenge.
DSCN2351.jpg

At 2 psi, and 10:1 low Chad was barely able to stay on top, but the wall he quickly accumulated in front killed progress. Breaking trail would be slow going if we were to continue.
DSCN2352.jpg

We decided to check out some more roads, and try and cover ground instead.
DSCN2357.jpg

Got bulge?
DSCN2358.jpg

We headed back down to the main road to continue on. We pulled off on a small up hill spur road to let two rigs pass. I forgot what exactly was in front of me at the time, and decided rather than back up, it would be easier to just turn hard passenger and cut the corner tight back onto the main road. I chose poorly on that one as I ended up climbing out my driver door as the Nail Salon laid on it's side in the middle of the road...

Chad was quick to move in with the winch, and we had it back on all fours within minutes (thanks buddy!). Stupid mistake, but all in all it just cost me a window and some pride. What's with this bad luck streak lately? :shiver:

We headed back down to the main road to continue on. We pulled off on a small up hill spur road to let two rigs pass. I forgot what exactly was in front of me at the time, and decided rather than back up, it would be easier to just turn hard passenger and cut the corner tight back onto the main road. I chose poorly on that one as I ended up climbing out my driver door as the Nail Salon laid on it's side in the middle of the road...

Chad was quick to move in with the winch, and we had it back on all fours within minutes (thanks buddy!). Stupid mistake, but all in all it just cost me a window and some pride. What's with this bad luck streak lately? :shiver:

No pic's of it on its side?

No pic's of it on its side?

When it's your own rig on its side, pictures aren't really a priority. :D

Once it was back on all fours I did mention we forgot to get pics. Chad offered to let the winch cable out, but I told him I was good.

I got a replacement window and mirror installed Saturday (thanks, Adam). She's good to go for the next run.

Back