• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission cooler

Mine is mounted in the same place the first person suggest and I have a steering box brace. I have a heat sink type cooler though. Measures about 15" long x 3" diameter.

We are using that same size and style cooler for our power steering and it *barely* keeps it cool. And we have a lot more airflow around ours. I would never rely on one of those for a trans cooler, especially in a low airflow area such as where yours is. If anything, get that moved out into a place where it has a lot of air flow.

We are using that same size and style cooler for our power steering and it *barely* keeps it cool. And we have a lot more airflow around ours. I would never rely on one of those for a trans cooler, especially in a low airflow area such as where yours is. If anything, get that moved out into a place where it has a lot of air flow.

Havnt checked temps but I figured since it was described as a "High Heat Transfer with Minimal Airflow" cooler I should be good. I will look more into it now. Guess I need to get a gauge and do a test.

I think, if you can, you'll always be better off with a cooler w/a fan, like a PWR or Derale, for a tranny. They're more money than a heat sink, but so is a new transmission.

Maybe if you placed the heat sink style just in front of the radiator so it gets airflow at speed & when the fans kick on? Would soak more heat into the radiator but probably not enough to harm things, keep the tranny happier.

Back