• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 Axles - 4.10 Gears and Open Diff

mbogosia

NAXJA Forum User
I will have 3 of these available. These are the Ford 8.8 axles with 31 spline shafts, and disc brakes. The axles can be set up for a cherokee or we can leave them with bare axle tubes and you can set them up for something else. They will not be painted due to weather, and the insides are not being rebuilt. However, we will remove the covers and inspect them. The fastest I can have one ready would be by March 7, unless you call me too close to that day.

Set Up - Includes perches welded on, shock mounts welded on, yoke to attach to cherokee driveshaft, and brake cables. $350

Not Set Up - Includes axle as is with perches/sway bar mounts cut off. This leaves you with bare tubes to do whatever you want. $300

Post here or call/text Matt at Six 1 Five - 5 seven eight - 0 two 8 eight.

The bracket kit is $260. He'd have to pay $90 for the axle and have no other expanses in it. I dont see where that can work. It would be more like $650 setup. Just but the axle with all the brackets cut off.

I have seen perches made out of boxed tubing. Paying $260 for perches and shock mounts is a bit much.

Unless you were talking about another bracket kit?

Okay guys. I can only set these up for an XJ. I priced a kit for a zj and tj and it was way too expensive. Plus, there is a lot more work involved. I will sell the axle with all the brackets cut off for $300.

Far as I knew, they were stronger than a 44 but nowhere near a 14 bolt. I don't know that much about axles though.

Oh definitely, I'm not arguing that. I have one in the stripped-down condition sitting in my friend's garage waiting for me to get around to putting the XJ up on jackstands to set the perches up right now :) I would definitely recommend these to anyone thinking about regearing to 4.10:1 or looking at a 44.

HaHa! Its cool. I am going to feel good with one of these under my jeep. I would think It would be really hard to break one with 33's. Mark, you should get you one of these. I'll engrave your name in it with the angle grinder. :)

Last edited:
HaHa! Its cool. I am going to feel good with one of these under my jeep. I would think It would be really hard to break one with 33's. Mark, you should get you one of these. I'll engrave your name in it with the angle grinder. :)

:roflmao::roflmao: I had one under my Ranger. It even had 4.56 gears in it. I should have never let that axle go. Oh well.....

I'll still trade ya a D44 for one though.:D

It's got 3.55's

Back