• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre run anyone?

CanMan

NAXJA Forum User
Since you guys probably know the area best, Howard, Diana, George, anyone up to lead a group around a bit before NWFest?

Maybe it will help us get familiarized with the trails and surroundings, and scout out some campgrounds? Phil, Mark, what do you guys think?

Its only 1.5 hrs from Seattle, and super easy to find.

Im in. :)

Discuss...

Count me in give it a month and I should have my lift and some tow points.

Our spot is picked and our trail leaders know the area well. ;)

If you'd like to go along wait until much closer to the event. As it stands there may not be a few upper trails open when we're there. Depends on the way the weather works out...

a pre run in a few months still might be fun.

Just an FYI on doing a pre-run, the trails are officially closed to motorized use Oct 15-Jun 15, (except to snowmobiles) so it would have to be the week before the event. On the plus side though, my son Ryan flew over the area Friday with his boss on the way back from a job on the east side and said most of it appears to be snow free already. If the weather stays warm that would hopefully translate to most, if not all of the trails being open by NWFest.

Steve

hysiderafter said:
Just an FYI on doing a pre-run, the trails are officially closed to motorized use Oct 15-Jun 15, (except to snowmobiles) so it would have to be the week before the event. On the plus side though, my son Ryan flew over the area Friday with his boss on the way back from a job on the east side and said most of it appears to be snow free already. If the weather stays warm that would hopefully translate to most, if not all of the trails being open by NWFest.

Steve

Thanks for the info, Steve. I've got a buddy going to Central who runs around out there checking on snow levels and such. He's been reporting back quite a bit. :)

dont we want snow? snow is fun

ECKSJAY said:
So you can ride along with someone again? Your Jeep parks very well in the snow. :D

:peace:

Least I have a jeep :gee:

and parking it might save me some gas

WaXJ_Skier said:
Least I have a jeep :gee:

and parking it might save me some gas

I have one too...and it even runs. :D

My buddy went up to Tripod today and said it looks like the middle of June did last year...

:rof:

mine runs too... kinda as long as I don't use 5th gear

Back