• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ truggy

cj7xjmj

NAXJA Forum User
Well My rig is nearing completion, so I figured I would post to see what you thought about the cage design, and the bed. We still have a few more bars to add, and Still waiting on seats to show up. I am hoping to be ready by the first of Feb so I can do some suspension testing.

http://independent4x.com/generic67.html

I appreciate your comments, so let the flaming begin.

Patrick

I found as I lost more and more weight off the rear of my MJ, that I couldn't build a spring pack that was soft enough to flex and yet stiff enough to resist axle wrap. I suspect you will find the same problem. You'll probably want to remove some leafs and build a ladder bar, or do what I did and just link it. With as much cutting as you've done, and with the gas tank already gone, linking it will be easy.

You didn't scrap the cutoff frame section under the bed did you? They make really cool trailers when you put the bed back on!

P1010158.jpg

P1010154.jpg

Lawn Cher' said:
You didn't scrap the cutoff frame section under the bed did you? They make really cool trailers when you put the bed back on!

I been wanting to do that if I can find a decent shortbed, KOOL

nice MJ! I really like the truggy setup on anything, its what i would do if i was out of school and financially secure

Led said:
whats the wheel base?? why leafs

Wheel base is around 112". Kept the leafs for 2 reasons. 1 those are Alcan springs, that I haven't had very long, and it flexed really good before. 2 The other reason why I didnt link this up, Is I dont have the equipment or skills to do the fab work that is being done, so I am paying to have it done. To do the 4 link using the parts I want, I am looking at almost 2 grand. Also when I go to link it up, I am going to swap in full widths.

Patrick

I all ready have a Military wrap on the springs, and had no wheel hop before, but we will see what happens since I shed a few hundred pounds of weight.

patrick

Lawn Cher' said:

P1010158.jpg

P1010154.jpg

A trailer made from old truck frames are not legal in most states these days. I know in most western states at least

Did they use DOM tubing on it? I didn't notice any seams....just curious.

This is NICE!

PatsMJatCrozet1.jpg

Back