• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Funeral plans for Seth "XJFire" Stanton

YELLAHEEP

NAXJA Forum User
Frank Z was awesome for getting this coordinated and sending me this information:

As you all know, PFC Seth Stanton died as a result of the injuries he received from an IED in Iraq. Services for Seth Stanton will be held on Dec.27, 2006 at the New Life Church in Colorado Springs.

Susan Stanton, Seth’s Aunt relayed the following message:

I know that Seth would love to have his friends in the four wheeling community attend his service. It is at 1 pm on the 27th at the NewLifeChurch in the Springs.
I hope that you can help get the word out about our efforts with the coalition (see my earlier posting), hopefully we will find a trail improvement project day this Summer and all come together to keep his passion for four wheeling alive and growing for generations to come.

It means a lot to us to know that he touched so many lives both directly and indirectly.

Susan

We have decided that since Seth was a fellow off-road enthusiast, a caravan of off-road vehicles to the services would be a fitting tribute to this soldier and a show of support for his family.

We will meet at the Sky Sox Stadium Parking as follows;

Meet at the Sky Sox Stadium Parking lot between 9:30 -10:00. Leave promptly at 10:15 AM

Arrive at New Life between 10:45-11:00 AM

The service starts at 1 pm

He gave us so much…. I hope that all of you can spare 1 day out of your busy schedule for this fallen American Soldier.

If possible, please display an American Flag on your rig and a mourning band as well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Life Church
11025 Voyager Parkway
Colorado Springs, Co

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...s&state=CO&zipcode=80921&country=US&geodiff=1

SkySox Stadium
4385 Tutt Blvd
Security Service Field
Colorado Springs, CO

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...t+Blvd&city=Colorado+Springs&state=co&zipcode

Last edited:
Re: Funeral plans for Seth

I have a mourning band for an ID badge, what is a mourning band for a vehicle?

Isn't anyone coming from the west side of the Springs? I'll be at work, and sky sox stadium is a good 45 minutes extra travel time for me.

Fred

Fred said:
I have a mourning band for an ID badge, what is a mourning band for a vehicle?

Isn't anyone coming from the west side of the Springs? I'll be at work, and sky sox stadium is a good 45 minutes extra travel time for me.

Fred
It can be as simple as a black ribbon on the antenna, or a black ribbin above the flag if you choose to fly a flag on your rig. Here's a reference for you...
http://www.anyflag.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AFG&Product_Code=A559

Thanks.

I'll probably meet everyone at New Life shortly after 12.

Fred

I will meet at Sky Sox. Thank you guys for putting in the time to figure this out. I'm proud to be a part of NAXJA. Thanks

I'll be there. :thumbup:

If I can get my tranny swapped, I will be there.

I really wish I could be there. A few hours notice is simply not enough for me, but these are never convienient.

Thanks guys.

I missed the date, I assumed it was the 22nd. It says the 27th in plain English too....

I'll be driving home from So. Cal on the 27th damnit.

I'll be there, sans rig - pooling with Yellaheep...

I'll be there, if I can get off work.

anyone from up north here plan to go down? Not familar with CS at all. I-25 through it and thats it. Or for the denver folks might find a meeting place and time to head out from there?

FYI,
Ive been in contact with the Police Department regarding our caravan. They had already been planning on assisting the PFC Stantons Funeral and will do what they can to help us out as well. Since I was not able to give them more of an advanced notice, we may be on our own though. I should hear back from the PD on Tuesday and will let everyone know what to expect.

Let's get the word out folks. Seth deserves a little bit of our time.

Back