• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does this SOund Right ?

PolishX

NAXJA Forum User
ok on my stock 1998 XJ Limited ... I was told I could use a RE6020 kit with 2" spacers and fit 33" Truxxus M/T... ANother guy told me no I would need the RE6111 kit , SYE , drivesaft and trim a lot to fit 33's .... WHO IS RIGHT ???? looking for DD/ Light trail use ..

not sure on the RE numbers, but if you want 33s on a 3inch lift you are going to be trimming a lot of fender off, needing long bumpstops, and not having much uptravel.

if you need a DD with occasional light wheeling, why not go 3" rustys and put 31" bfg ATs on there. I like truxus mts, but they wear quicker than ats and aren't necessary if you are on the road most of the time and don't wheel that much. A 4.5" kit will clear 33s. You can put 2" spacers on top of a 3" lift, but I wouldnt recommend it. you will need a heavy duty tracbar mount and a new tracbar for 4.5" lift. You won't NEED a new tracbar with a 3" lift but it doesn't hurt. Dont' do the 3" springs plus 2" spacers!! they ride like crap. you'll be at 5" of lift with short arms. much more than 5" of lift and it's time for either drop brackets or long arms.

Back