• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check the video

As far as your sig goes(I spot for entertainment purposes)

...well ill just shut up
Alls I know is its hard to listen to "turn full lock and floor board it" when i just broke a 44 axle in my front yard.

I will take Dan as my spotter anytime. Dan is a great spotter. He may try a harder line than most but won't put you in a situation where people getting injured is mandatory. I turned full lock, floored it, and made it. Dan, you can spot for me anytime. I like you spotting me for entertainment.:D Oh, my d30 on 36" tires held up just fine.:D Don't know what you were doing to break a d44 shaft.

did he have a yellow brownish jacket on? there was a guy with a TJ at the first fire. Was it that guy? LOL
As far as your sig goes(I spot for entertainment purposes)

...well ill just shut up
Alls I know is its hard to listen to "turn full lock and floor board it" when i just broke a 44 axle in my front yard.

Dude, you really really need to let it go.

I watched dan go up that obstacle in front of me, then Neal and I went around. I knew that there was some skinny pedal required and I didn't want to break something.

You watched the same thing. After you get in the hole and the tire is up in the air, you have to get on it a little to make it through.

Unfortunately, your front leaf suspension has zero give. I can show you the picture. You might as well have had tubes welded to the front axle. I'm sure it made it difficult to find a place that you felt comfortable wheeling through.

Just because Dan doesn't say a whole lot to you when he's spotting doesn't mean he's not paying attention to what's going on. He put you in a great position and told you what you needed to do. Your rig broke, it happens.

...well ill just shut up

if you're making referance to me, that is nothing i would say. if you're going to put quotes around a quote you'd better make sure it's correct. this IS NOT.

you're jeep is not built up to the specs of NAXJA, it never should have passed inspection and if I remember correctly it was your square drive shaft that came apart, nothing to do with my spotting or the line I put you on. Your friend giving me and Brian sh!t for not letting him hook to the winch hook as a recovery point nearly got thrown out of the event.

my sig is there for humor. My spotting broke no one. I spotted my son in my Jeep the same way I spotted everyone else. don't become a dusch bag cuz your rig wasn't built right.

if you're making referance to me, that is nothing i would say. if you're going to put quotes around a quote you'd better make sure it's correct. this IS NOT.

you're jeep is not built up to the specs of NAXJA, it never should have passed inspection and if I remember correctly it was your square drive shaft that came apart, nothing to do with my spotting or the line I put you on. Your friend giving me and Brian sh!t for not letting him hook to the winch hook as a recovery point nearly got thrown out of the event.

my sig is there for humor. My spotting broke no one. I spotted my son in my Jeep the same way I spotted everyone else. don't become a dusch bag cuz your rig wasn't built right.
I gotta say dan. That boy can Wheel! My buddy was like why is his kid doing that. My response was look at that rig, You think he hasn't wheeled it! I was watching you spot everyone up that one obstacle where Tyler almost lost it and they all got it fine except for the crazy line that Mac tried. I'll vouch for you anytime. :cheers:

I was watching you spot everyone up that one obstacle where Tyler almost lost it and they all got it fine except for the crazy line that Mac tried. :cheers:

And for the record that line that I tried was for entertainment only (both mine and his)...but we knew that ahead of time and knew that if i rolled it, we'd push it back over and try another line :)

Dan and I go way back, its how we roll...well not roll but...nevermind...

And for the record I brought the welded tow hook up to Brian because I wasn't comfortable with it, I would've wrapped a strap around the BUMPER, but not the tube part of that bumper...however the driver did not want a strap wrapped around the bumper, in the end I think it was easier to back off anyways...

mac 'good wheelin' gyvr

And for the record that line that I tried was for entertainment only (both mine and his)...but we knew that ahead of time and knew that if i rolled it, we'd push it back over and try another line :)

Dan and I go way back, its how we roll...well not roll but...nevermind...

And for the record I brought the welded tow hook up to Brian because I wasn't comfortable with it, I would've wrapped a strap around the BUMPER, but not the tube part of that bumper...however the driver did not want a strap wrapped around the bumper, in the end I think it was easier to back off anyways...

mac 'good wheelin' gyvr

Yup, I made the final call on the tow hook and like Mac I wanted to wrap the strap around the bumper, which the driver didn't want.

I will say this, maybe its fine to weld a tow took maybe not, but not knowing if a weld is good or not and can kill someone I will never hook to a welded tow hook.

There are many levels of fabricators out there, some are hacks that can't weld some are the best in the world. Just because a wled looks good doesn't mean it is.

Now can we just all grow up and talk about the fun we had this weekend. If there is an issue with the call that was made take it up with the person that made the call ME. And I can go into more detail about the situation with you......

RANT OFF.

Now can we just all grow up and talk about the fun we had this weekend.

I had a friggin blast. Now I must start getting my Monies in Order since my bumper budget just went up about 400 bucks! :D

One more sixteen hour workday.Then, I'm back on the vids...

Nick

Fore Wheeler said:
I spot for entertainment purposes

I seem to remember something like this being said in 02 or 03 at a crawl I attended with a Bunch of Midwestern guys..... :wave1: :roflmao:

Back