NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Comanche MJ (1985 - 1992)
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Jeep Comanche MJ (1985 - 1992) Jeep's Cherokee-based compact pickup technical forum.

Old February 4th, 2019, 19:09
NAXJA Forum User

2wd mj swap to cherokee 4.0 swap (4wd)

Okay ive totally swapped out the engine harness and in dash harness the 4.0 is a renix the aw4 and transfer case are out of a 92 all grounds are installed and have recently added a few more. When i click the key to the on position the fuel pump kicks in but when i go to start it the starter relay clicks but nothing . I have checked to see if the relay wires are hot from under the fuse box. The yellow wire running to the relay does come on when key is turned to start but nothing comes out of the brown wire to the starter. So ive checked all fuses checked relays even replaced them still nothing and looked at several diagrams and traced them back to the ecu and seem to function as supposed to. Clean the nss and ohmed it out its good. Now the other part ive go a remote switch and bypassed the key but its in the on position and i get a faint spark with from the cap to the plug but if ig to the wire to the plug there is no spark. If i go from the coil to the the dist. Cap its a red spark(replaced the coil,new cap,new rotor,new plugs) now my brain hurts and need help
Old February 15th, 2019, 12:29
Jeepoholic

Re: 2wd mj swap to cherokee 4.0 swap (4wd)

I'd cruise over to commanceclub and ask there. A lot for MJ gurus over there.
Mods; Being built......
Old February 26th, 2019, 06:33
NAXJA Forum User

Re: 2wd mj swap to cherokee 4.0 swap (4wd)

seems like it. I lurk over there , just found this place figured I would check out this forum to.