• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

California emissions package O2 sensor part numbers??

WROTHDONKEY

NAXJA Forum User
I need a little help I'm looking to replace my Oxygen sensors in my XJ my problem is I have the California emissions package and none of the parts stores can verify the part numbers I need and both tell me a different part #s I figure I will post here before I head to the dealership.

2001 XJ 4.0 auto with Cali emissions package.

Thanks

Well, you could call and confirm PN's with the dealer. And then call parts store.

Part numbers for the upstream sensors:
Front (bank 1), before cat: 56041212AE Bosch: 13100, NGK: 23151, Denso: 234-4076

Rear(Bank 2), before cat: 56041213AF Bosch: 13122, NGK: 20506, Denso: 234-4077

Talyn posted the correct numbers, be aware that most parts stores renumber a good part of their inventory especially if certain parts in the line are sourced from different manufacturers. NAPA stocks the sensors you need (at least my store does, I have them in stock right now. we carry BOSCH).

Talyn posted the correct numbers,

I'll amend this post with this since I just looked it up in the system to be sure:

13100 and 13122 are both listed as the pre-cat sensors, the post cat sensors are 13138 and 15465.

Seems odd to me that a single exhaust pipe vehicle would have two downstream o2 sensors, maybe one fore and aft of the secondary catalytic converter? the later models had pre-cats right? I've never worked on one.

Your tax dollars at work eh? "Let's make em put a couple more o2 sensors in there, that's bound to help!"

2001O2Sensors.jpg

Good to post since long time, I was passing by searching for them sensors P/N and best brand, I own a 2000 XJ Classic with California emission package,bought it from a guy who bought it from Kuwait, I believe it was imported. thank you folks you have been a great help. Keep Jeeping

Can we bump this thread? I’m throwing 2 codes: P0158 (for bank 2 senor 2 02 sensor) and p0456 (small emissions leak)

So, I going to replace both upstream and downstream 02 sensors for bank 2 and decided to buy NGK’s.

Sensor 1 (Upstream) Bank 2 Part #23110
Sensor 2 (downstream) Bank 2 part #23099

Are these the correct NGK part numbers for both sensors on Bank 2?

5 minutes ago I ordered my new muffler, and exhaust. And in a few minutes I’m about to buy a Walker Cat converter that these NGK puppies will screw into. And once I’m done ordering that I will be ordering my NEW BFG ALL TERRAIN TIRES and FRANKENSTIEN RUBICON 3.5 lift.

Sounds like a lot at once and it is but my Jeep desperately needs all this and I finally have the means to do it. She needs this make over bad and I’m going to give it to her..ima give it to her real nice!!! After all this is completed I am going to work on rewiring everything under the hood. Maybe double din dash 😎 to top her off!

First thing I’m going to install the Rubicon lift, brakes, track bar then the exhaust.. so I have a lot of work ahead of me next week when I finally start putting all these projects in motion. I have wicked bad ADD but I think that’s why I LOVE CAR MECHANICS 😆

Talk about learning curve. I am about to

Back