• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 ZJ 5.9 limp mode from test pipe HELP!!!

Ironmanandy

NAXJA Forum User
I removed the cat from my 5.9 zj and inserted a bung for the rear o2 sensor in the straight pipe. I obviously threw the check engine light. I built my own MIL eliminator to trick the computer but it never worked. After fighting this for 2 days I put the whole vehicle back to stock. I cleared the computer and its now still throwing the code. any advice. I want it to work with the test pipe.
thanks.

you are gonna slap me stupid for my response but I don't know i'm just assuming its the same code I got from not having a cat. The guy at auto zone wouldn't check it because I made him mad when i wouldn't buy a new set of o2 sensors and left me out in the cold.

oh but i was trying not to cross over to the dark side my friend..... Ill try that tomorrow. Imma beat this thing, and then its off to the ken bell twin screw.
a-

87manche said:
might want to try
mallcrawlin.com
You really should not assume things about people you know nothing about. If you dont have anything helpful to add maybe you should not hit the submit button.

Ghost said:
You really should not assume things about people you know nothing about. If you dont have anything helpful to add maybe you should not hit the submit button.

WTF over?

I was pretty sure that link was to a rather large group of hardcore Grand Cherokee owners. And that they even had a seperate sub forum for repairs of stock vehicles.
Oh wait, I found it:
http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//forumdisplay.php?f=61

so maybe you should not assume that I was being an ass with that link, and was genuinely helping the guy out.:conceited

Ghost said:
Tech wise they suck compared to the knowledge here. Just what I heard. :anon:
X 100. When I bought my ZJ the first place I went to for tech was nagca because I assumed it would be a sister site of naxja. The search feature isn't nearly as helpful and when I started posting questions, I didn't get much help. I hate to say it, but JU has some pretty good ZJ tech and their search function is much better as well. Mallcrawlin isn't too bad.

Back