• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Minimum Requirements

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
I'm posting this now so, you'll not have any excuses. You've got plenty of time to get all of this lined out! :D

Make 200% sure that you and your rig meet the below requirements. Yes, it will be checked and enforced.
If you have everything but a fire extinguisher.........don't bother showing up. It's been the MWC experiences that a fire extinguisher is a good thing to have on board. :flame:

Again, all of these items will be checked.

Per :NAXJA: Bylaws:

Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation
  1. :NAXJA: VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
  2. :NAXJA: requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
  3. :NAXJA: Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
  4. :NAXJA: expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. :NAXJA: is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.
Equipment List
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    3. D-Rings
    4. Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

I am going to follow this up with TRAIL requirements. If you choose to partake in the trail runs on Saturday, please read this.

After you have passed tech check in, you need to make sure that your rig is equipped with the required equipment as per your trail leader/gunner for the group you want to run with. These individuals have pre-ran the trails in advance to make sure things will go as smoothly as possible. They, the leader/gunner, have set the limits on tire size, lockers, etc to help make it a safe and enjoyable trip for all of those involved. If you do not have the required equipment, you will need to go with another group. Please do not try and justify/argue your rigs abilites to the people doing the tech check, it is nothing personal against you or your rigs ability. Each trail leader/gunner has their own way of contending to this and it is up to them. Please remember we are all out there to have a good time and by no means is anyone trying to be a jerk or keep people from wheeling. If you want to run a certain trail and the trail leader/gunner have set limitations that exclude your rig, that does not mean that you can not wheel it on your own, just simply not in that particular group. Winterfest is an outstanding time and an event that you don't want to miss! And as I was once told..... Winterfest is not about the wheeling but rather the opportunity to gather with fellow wheelers and enjoy the fellowship. ( :cheers: OK, so that is the PG version :D )

Can't wait to see some old faces as well as meet some new ones :thumbup:

Cheeseman-OUT!

Very well put Tyler! Thanks!

:thumbup:

Equipment List
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    3. D-Rings
    4. Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

Would the factory jack be sufficient or are you looking for the Hi Lift etc?

Also, a CB makes things so much easier. Make sure it works, I didn't at WF 09 and it was a PITA for sure! You can get a decent setup for under 80 bucks!

I am going to follow this up with TRAIL requirements. If you choose to partake in the trail runs on Saturday, please read this.

After you have passed tech check in, you need to make sure that your rig is equipped with the required equipment as per your trail leader/gunner for the group you want to run with. These individuals have pre-ran the trails in advance to make sure things will go as smoothly as possible. They, the leader/gunner, have set the limits on tire size, lockers, etc to help make it a safe and enjoyable trip for all of those involved. If you do not have the required equipment, you will need to go with another group. Please do not try and justify/argue your rigs abilites to the people doing the tech check, it is nothing personal against you or your rigs ability. Each trail leader/gunner has their own way of contending to this and it is up to them. Please remember we are all out there to have a good time and by no means is anyone trying to be a jerk or keep people from wheeling. If you want to run a certain trail and the trail leader/gunner have set limitations that exclude your rig, that does not mean that you can not wheel it on your own, just simply not in that particular group. Winterfest is an outstanding time and an event that you don't want to miss! And as I was once told..... Winterfest is not about the wheeling but rather the opportunity to gather with fellow wheelers and enjoy the fellowship. ( :cheers: OK, so that is the PG version :D )

Can't wait to see some old faces as well as meet some new ones :thumbup:

Cheeseman-OUT!
...to add to this:

Pre-runs will be just that...........pre-runs. We want to cover as much ground as possible with the pre-runs. We want to be able to get through and get a very good understanding as to what the full group will see as far as trail conditions are concerned. In order for this to happen, the pre-run group needs to be small. I'd say 4 rugs at the extreme most. Leader, gunner are gimmies and a couple of others if the leader is OK with it. In the past, we've ended up with groups of 10 or more. It'd be much more efficient to have smaller groups for the pre-runs.

...to add to this:

Pre-runs will be just that...........pre-runs. We want to cover as much ground as possible with the pre-runs. We want to be able to get through and get a very good understanding as to what the full group will see as far as trail conditions are concerned. In order for this to happen, the pre-run group needs to be small. I'd say 4 rugs at the extreme most. Leader, gunner are gimmies and a couple of others if the leader is OK with it. In the past, we've ended up with groups of 10 or more. It'd be much more efficient to have smaller groups for the pre-runs.

Well put Mike. As you said, it is for getting a feel for the trail and what obsticles it will present. Last year when I was gunning for Sean, we kept it as a small group (3 or 4 I think) and got through just fine. Attendees please keep in mind that Saturday are the official trail runs, not Friday. On Friday when the trail leaders/gunners are going out to inspect the trails please keep in mind that they are not trying to "discount" you, they are simply just doing their job and need to take all things into account for the safety of the groups that will be wheeling on Saturday. So, if your there on Friday and want to wheel, feel free to wheel on your own (or with a group) but please let the trail leaders/gunners do their jobs. Thanks, and plan on having a good time..because you will...

Cheeseman-OUT!

...to add to this:

Pre-runs will be just that...........pre-runs. In order for this to happen, the pre-run group needs to be small. I'd say 4 rugs at the extreme most. Leader, gunner are gimmies and a couple of others if the leader is OK with it. .

So...
Has it been decided yet as to what type of rugs will be allowed? Throw rugs? Full room rugs? Head rugs (toupee)? :):):):)

Back to bold for the new crowd......

If you don't have your tow points yet..........ask Santa.:eyes:

Might as well say this now.....

If you don't have these minimum requirements, you will not run with us.

We will all feel bad that you drove there, and paid your bucks, but we will not "look the other way", but we will wave as we pull out to the trails.

If you have ANY doubts about what you have, what you need, or if you have what you need, PM me NOW.

Rev

If you need help installing items before tech inspection, there will be people more than willing to assist on Friday during the day or Saturday morning. Just ask. I would rather be late to the trails and help someone get their rig ready than be first in line to wheel.

X2 Byron...and as some know, I travel with a plethora of tools and would be more then willing to help. (yes, I said plethora, and no, "tools" was not refering to the company I keep! :D )

And for a seconed Tyler I thought you left yourself wide open.... :)

I carried a 200lb toolbox in back last yr... not doing it again, but am still bring the the tools that are rather important...

Even If I'm on Street Tires I'll be there. But If I do have to buy a stocker I have some BFG AT's for it. :D I would strongly recommend a Working CB as well.

Im interested in running orange in oh-ten...whats the suggested equipment for those trails, I cant remember from last year

Depends.

The is left up to the trail leader after the pre-run on Friday. Orange can be easy or impossible, depends on the weather.

Going on past experience, and this is NOT a guarantee, at least 1 locker, mud tires, and a willingness to accept some damage.

Rev

Depends.

The is left up to the trail leader after the pre-run on Friday. Orange can be easy or impossible, depends on the weather.

Going on past experience, and this is NOT a guarantee, at least 1 locker, mud tires, and a willingness to accept some damage.

Rev

ive run parts of it.

would you say its worse than trail #21 at redbird?

ive run parts of it.

would you say its worse than trail #21 at redbird?

Depending on the weather.......it can be.

This discussion about what trail requirements will be is really a moot point in all reality. Trail requirements will be announced the day of the event.

Back