• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The New Project

lobsterdmb

Just a Lobster Minion
NAXJA Member
Here is the new project jeep I picked up for Melissa from MikeinNJ:

47b7dd23b3127cce985481995a4400000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

47b7dd23b3127cce98548184db6900000017108AcMmLVo1cNS

:yelclap: party1:

It just needs a little work...

I have a funny feeling you better make sure theres room for Nathans car seat cause I bet Patty will be ridding shotgun with Melissa more then with me

We are talking about the Cherokee and not the RC aren't we

Did some work on this today. Got the rear axle removed and the driver side leaf spring in. Got both rear shocks out without breaking any bolts. :guitar: On the passenger side, we got the leaf out of the shackle but managed to break the nut loose inside the frame rail on the front spring hanger. Gonna have to fix it this week. Pics to come.

A Cherokee Chief, with the decals intact. That's a collectors item right there.

Wow, so wheel spacers are actually useful.

Oh, and for some reason Atlantic Blue comes to mind. I'll see if I'm right tomorrow.

--Matt

lobsterdmb said:
On the passenger side, we got the leaf out of the shackle but managed to break the nut loose inside the frame rail on the front spring hanger. Gonna have to fix it this week. Pics to come.
Have fun with that. I know I did when it happened to mine...:laugh3:

lobsterdmb said:
Build Jeep #2
Lift, Tires, skids, bumpers, rock rails, rear axle swap
Since you've got this thread going, you going to give any specifics, or just show pictures and make us figure out specs on our own?:D

Rubicon express 3.5" lift with jks discos, an 8.25 rear, and 31" BFG AT's on Black steelies are all that is set in stone so far.... She is still decieding on bumpers, rockrails, and skids. The 31's are coming from my jeep as I am stepping up to 34" LTBs.

Well, after Rocky Meadow last year, I'd not hesitate to suggest C4x4 for the rock rails.

Can't wait to see the "new" truck take its "maiden voyage" - you going for streetable, or trailer queen?

egon said:
Oh, and for some reason Atlantic Blue comes to mind.

I was in the right neighborhood, Spinnaker Blue.

--Matt

Ms. LobsterDMB said:
K, thanks Matt, it is good to know! :)

Uh oh, there's goes the neighborhood :D

--Matt

egon said:
I was in the right neighborhood, Spinnaker Blue.

--Matt

uh...whats a spinnaker? OH.....:)compwork: just looked it up on dictionary.com) its a boat....thing......

Dude, your such a dork....there went 3 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.... :looser:

A.

Yes, score.

I managed to be a Jeep geek and a sailing geek in 2 words.

--Matt

Rob Mayercik said:
Well, after Rocky Meadow last year, I'd not hesitate to suggest C4x4 for the rock rails.

Can't wait to see the "new" truck take its "maiden voyage" - you going for streetable, or trailer queen?

it will be streetable

Back