• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Raffle ???s

planefixer

NAXJA Forum User
***First of all this is in no way meant as a slam/snub towards the vendors/sponsors.**

We've been discussing the raffle for the event.Due to the current situation of National Sponsorship Director (meaning lack of ) and some resulting soured relationships with some of our sponsors, we're considering not having a raffle at the event.We'll still have the Friday night dinner regardless but want to know opinions on wheather attendees want a raffle or not.If we don't hold a raffle will it affect your decision on wheather you'll attend the event or not?Or are you good with the philosophy of attending for the wheeling, comraderie, and scenery and a raffle isn't important.We'll do it however the majority feels about it.This is your (attendees) event so lets hear your opinions.I just want everyone who attends to have a great time and go home with a smile on your face and good memories in your head.

If you know you won't attend then please do not respond.No offense but we only want to hear from those that might be ,or, are attending the event- any other opinions are unnecessary clutter.

Last edited:
Let me add that the purpose for holding a raffle for our Chapter event is to recognize and thank the vendors that do sponsor our event, both National and local vendors, and to raise operational funds for our Chapter event, Chapter meetings, get t-shirt/hoodie orders started, and other Chapter expenses as well as to contribute to National's funds to support the website, etc. (15% of the event proceeds goes to National) These funds also help us do good things like the Stanton Sticker fund raiser, and pay for our Chapter's membership to COHVCO.

We are allowed to go find sponsors on our own - but as Jeff stated, National is having Sponsorship issues and it's going to affect our event.

If the decision is to not hold a raffle, I'd like to suggest that we still ask for donations from our Chapter members/users and event attendees - we're gonna need funds.

(Sorry if I stepped on any toes.)

Last edited:
Idiot Wind said:
I consider the raffle a bonus, nothing more. It wouldn't affect my decision in any way.

X2!

If I can come, it will be for the wheeling and to meet some follow XJ'ers. Any raffle is just extra!

I'll be there for a few days either way. I think the raffle adds something to the event and something to look forward to but I can do without if I have too. I never win anything anyways.

Is Tomkin going to do the BBQ again since its back in BV? That was fun.

Just a bonus.................. I would show for the wheelin...............AND some beer!!:clap:

I am trying to get set up as a vendor but currently have not been able to reach anyone. Possibly because it sounds like there is no one their to reach. I would be glad to donate some parts or whatever. I just recently started my business and I'm looking for ways to promote it. I sell offroad parts strictly for XJ,MJ,ZJ and WJ on my site. No more searching through all those other makes and models. PM me if you want to chat more about it.

Back