• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Suggested setup for specific trails?

Jay Sco

NAXJA Forum User
I know I've seen this info before, just can't seem to find it now. I have found this http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Big_Bear which gives some reccomendations, but I've seen a more specific list...somewhere.
Tire size, locker, skids, etc. Curious to know which I should attempt and what to avoid if I make it up there.
3" lift, 31" tires, F locker, rocker protection, stock 3.55 gears, d30 & 8.25 (27spline); that's my setup. Offroad experience level: noob.

Sorry if this is Hasta , but my google-fu is weak today.

Last edited:
31s open/open is what Bent ran it with for years....

You can run gold mtn. or the "noob trail" for sure.
My XJ is still 31's open/open. I ran gold mtn. last year.
Otherwise, if you find/search for the previous years SCF (multiple, not just last) There are trail run/info threads on requirements and recommends for trails.

31"s open/open will get you around just fine up there.

you'll have longer days on John Bull and Holcomb without any lockers, but I have gotten rigs on those tires through those trails.

I reccommend rocker protection and a transfercase skid if you're tires are that small.

1 locker or going up to 33"s will make any of those trails very doable.

Back