• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

renix to HO t body conversion info news

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
for anybody out there that has done this change(ho t body on renix manifold)and cut the ho tp sensor to use the bushing inside to mate to the renix tp sensor,i have interesting info for you.i am in the process of installing an 03 grand 'rokee 4.0l in my 88 xj and it came with manifolds,sensors,t body,etc.. and was going to modify my renix tps and the 03 to use it,but,i wanted to see why you need to use the original renix tps and found out that the 03 sensor 1)is not adjustable 2)when you apply the required 5volt reference the sensor does not go to the full 5 volts at wot it goes to @3.4volts or so.i experimented with the reference volts and found that if you adjust the input volts to @6.7volts or so it does indeed go to 5 volts at wot!all u have to do is use a map adjuster (like you would use for the map sensor) and adjust accordingly.i made mine from r shack parts-cheap- and slot the mounting holes to adjust it to the required .75-.79 volts at closed throttle.it works flawlessly,and increases tps volts the same as the renix one does-PLUS now you can actualy adjust your throttle reponce! of course what ever is cheaper for your application either modify the tps or use a map adjuster.the only thing i could add is that an 03 tps is MUCH more redily available than the renix one-haven't priced both to compare though.i did get a renix tps from the dealer a year ago and my cost was$105. :lecture:

what i did was take a side by side comparison with both t bodys off of vehicle.what i did was use an angle meter after adjusting both t bodys to .75 volts closed throttle and used 2 volt meters side by side to see what was going on in relation to throttle plate angle and voltage correlation.it was so close to being even-maybe angle meter or volt meter difference-that i determind that it will work.all that is needed for the renix ecm is a return voltage signal to work so ANY tp sensor will work.what matters is what i tested for and that was the desiding factor for me to use that set up.if there is any disbelief then i will be the only one running this.i will ,of course, post on my results.if all else fails then i modify both sensors to work like EVERYBODY ELSE uses, i like to be different.

confimed tps voltage does work very well.i have my 88 renix computer controled 2003 grand rokee 4.0 running and have driven it over the week end .the tps "adjuster" work flawless as i had expected.

The only thing I can think of is if you have an auto since it has a seperate set of single wires. If I remember correctly it seems that the auto side is a reverse of the normal computer side. Maybe something can be rigged for it also.

Back