• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June 22nd, 23rd 2019 Workday(s)

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
UPDATED.

Last edited:
What are the chances someone would notice my expired (2 years ago) registration? I need to get all the monitors cleared in the OBDII and the last time I had to do that a trip to Johnston Valley did the trick. If the monitors are cleared before that I will be getting it smogged so I can go without fear in July.

2N49 Saturday morning at 9:30 AM. Trailhead is at the East end of Palm Avenue in San Bernardino. Exit I215 at Palm Avenue.

It is rattlesnake season so bring reach extenders if you have them. Boots and a hat are good.Also bring food and hydration. It will likely be on the warm side.

We will be looking for any trees that are down, or partially down that need to be removed from the trail, trash removal and assessment of any illegal trails and what it will take to block them.

If anybody is planning on camping Saturday night please let me know in advance. Camping will either be on the trail or North Shore work center in Arrowhead. No wood fires on the trail; only at North Shore.

Last edited:
Peter, if you have a paid receipt for your incomplete registration sometimes they will let you slide when you explain the whole computer reset to them. Other than the freeway we won't be on any paved roads frequented by CHP.

Disclaimer: this is not an endorsement.

Peter, if you're a AAA member, you can go get a free one-day moving pass from them rather than going to the DMV... Or if you have a local friend who does...sometimes they will even give you a blank one for you to fill out the day you plan to move it... or when the lights go on in your rear view mirror

My concern is that if the police DON'T let you slide, they can tow your rig on the spot... especially anything over 6mos old. And the purple trim, no matter how faded, might be an eye-catcher.

I'll probably miss this one again, I have plans to camp on Elephant Spur sometime between 6/29 & 7/3. Picked up random trash en route when we camped up there over Memorial Day, I should submit those hours I suppose.

Carol, yes on the hours.

:)

Peter, she makes some valid points. I forgot about impound.

Do they no longer do month-long temporary operating permits?

Do they no longer do month-long temporary operating permits?

It depends, if he's let his registration lapse then there's no way in h*** he's going to get one.

Otherwise he's limited to one day only, and that's if he has paid all his fees or back fees. If you are really nice and explain the smog and computer/ sensor situation they will sometimes give you two or maybe three if you're lucky at one time.

If you tell them that you have to drive it to the mechanic and leave it at least overnight. Then after you pick it up you have to drive it around for a 100 miles or so, and then the following day take it back to the mechanic to get smoged, that will get you three.

If only.

If only we knew someone with a DRB III that can help walk your jeep through it's drive cycles... :dunno: :gee:

I have a list of the things it wants me to do, but some of them are hard, like drive 45mph for x minutes, and of course 20 seconds before you reach x minutes you hit a red light.

I have a list of the things it wants me to do, but some of them are hard, like drive 45mph for x minutes, and of course 20 seconds before you reach x minutes you hit a red light.

Drive on the freeway nice and slow in the right lane, when the time is up, pull over, let it idle, then repeat. It helps when you have the DRB because you can see the parameters it's looking for and the timers that you can watch count down.

I'm running about 15 minutes late.

I started up the trail will head back to trailhead.

I think I counted 30 different varieties of wild flowers that were in Bloom today. It was beautiful.

Maybe we ought to change the name from adopt a trail to modelo bottle and can removal. Stereotypes exist for a reason, and I see one developing. What isn't surprising is that the vast majority were on the San Bernaghetto side of the trail.

Last edited:
Back