• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Memorial Day Weekend??

DutchVDub

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody else looking to camp/wheel that weekend? Had some stuff come up and now I’m freed up that weekend.

Interested if you do anything. Let me know on face space or the phone thing. I don’t check here much. No solid plans to do anything. May just go hang out on the lake.

We're toying with it... were going to try and hit Medano Pass, but our group is dissolving. Our main goal is to avoid crowds, idiots and two strokes. I'm old.

Never heard of Medano Pass. I could be interested. I too want to avoid crowds.

East entrance to Great Sand Dunes -- there are a bunch of primative sites just outside of the park available 1st come 1st serve, but on a holiday weekend they will likely be gobbled up on Thus. night. Medano Creek hits the sand dunes and starts to have wave action as the sand holds it back, and then releases... Like hanging out on the beach, but in the Sangres.

Website said some of it is open. Send one of your teenagers down there to hold us a site. :D

We're toying with it... were going to try and hit Medano Pass, but our group is dissolving. Our main goal is to avoid crowds, idiots and two strokes. I'm old.

Does Medano run parallel with the front range? I know there's a road by the dunes I never tried, and there's a fairly long road up there with lots of old fire lookouts.

more or less from east to west from the Walsenburg side over the Sangres dropping down into the dunes.

I think the wife and I are going to be in one or two of those days!!

Spring creek 26th at 0830.

Dutch and I will be expediently running and then spending some quality time at tommyknockers

Dutch and I will be expediently running and then spending some quality time at tommyknockers

Hmm this might work - how long do you suspect it will take? The wife and I are going to the Rockies game that afternoon but would like to still make it.

Some guys ran it 18th (pre snow that evening) and got turned around at rock garden due to heavy snow amounts

Some guys just tried Medano and it’s still closed in (5-19), they had to take other routes around.

Yeah, there is supposed to be another storm coming around Memorial Day weekend too. All the FSR's are still closed in the Arap/Roos Forests, as per looking it up on the website for each district this morning.

Back