• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I love my truck

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
Two loads of these yesterday:

072320Bricks2OPT.gif

I know we have a category for "Tow Rigs". I think we need another just for Cummins rigs. After all, they are an inline 6.

For those of us who don’t own a truck, it’s still nice to know that where there’s a will there’s a way.

f62e4d4ce750c6dc98c61d02b9f1efc1.jpg

I know we have a category for "Tow Rigs". I think we need another just for Cummins rigs. After all, they are an inline 6.

Agreed, my Dodge has had more miles and more years than any other vehicle I've owned....and I've had 60+ with which to compare.

I'd like one too' 1993. Last year before the body style change.

Actually would prefer having another '64 and do some probably major swapping around.

Last edited:
When I was hunting for mine I had to rule out the 1st gen trucks because they didn't make them with enough back seat to fit The Varmints. Those probably are a better truck though. I would hope they have a better quality dash at the very least.

OTOH, the 2nd gen trucks got better injection pumps and turbos.

Best option is to find a body damaged 96-97. Swap the guys into a suburban (my first choice) or a early dodge crew cab (hard to find though).

I like both those ideas.

Old IH crew cab or Travelall would be cool too.

Near me there is an old military 4x4 dually short bus that I would love to get my hands on and do a 12V swap into it. It looks like something from the '40s. Split back window, curved roof in the back, but the front is reminiscent of a duece and a half. It would be the ultimate family excursion rig. One of these days I would like to go knock on the old guy's door and see if he has gotten to the point of being willing to part with it. The Bride is strongly opposed to this idea. Even more so than to the idea of getting yet another Jeep.

Two loads of these yesterday:

072320Bricks2OPT.gif

Your really working the Varmints hard......

Your really working the Varmints hard......

I have to work them for all they are worth while I have them. :D

Among other reasons, they will find life is so much easier once they are on their own. :roll:

I have to work them for all they are worth while I have them. :D

Among other reasons, they will find life is so much easier once they are on their own. :roll:

Plus this may help insure that they won't move back in when they're 28.

That is an excellent point.

I will tell them if they try to move back in they had best be prepared to build a pyramid.

Yeah, once a Varmint moves out, there is suddenly no space for them to move back.

David Bricker / SYR

Back