• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Salvage Yard "Gold"

Saudade

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Got a notification that a local yard just got in a 1988 Cherokee 4x4. Looked at the pics online last night. So this morning, made my list, packed some tools and off I went.

Here's what the source looked like.

9XG8GiOl.jpg

I score quite a few items I've been looking for. You can see the picks of my haul.

w5Zf4nwl.jpg

KUD5o4sl.jpg

My "big scores" were the drivers side power mirror (chrome), the rain gutter trim (chrome), the door switches (all 4 chrome trim). and the driver front seat frame and backrest. The trim color even matches mine.

Some parts I grabbed because they were still there are the EGR Solenoid, starter relay, dash panel switches, vacuum reservoir, and lift struts as well as a few other pieces of interior trim. All in all, not a bad haul. While I was working on one side, another guy came up to grab the steering wheel. Nice guy.

For the rest of you, if in Socal, it's the PYP yard in Anaheim. I may go back in a few days to see what's left but it was Sahara HOT there today.

Back drive side hit too but not badly.

KwyNb0Cl.jpg

Was on "blocks" when I go there but the wheel were laying about. Headliner fabric ripped out but looked like the backing we still good.

While I took the panel and switches, the dash and center console were still intact including gauges.

k88gmcHh.jpg

Back