• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DV pre-run this weekend

wolfheartak

NAXJA Member #715
I know it's a little short notice, but Mike and I are going to head up to Death Valley for a pre-run this weekend (fri-sat-sun) to see how the roads held up in the rain. We will be in Baker, Friday by 8am, and leaving about 8:30 from the Unocal 76 gas station. We're going to do the trip that's planned for the DV trip the begining of Feb. (It's one of the sticky threads up at the top)

Channel 4.

Let me know if you'd like to come and I'll pm you my cell phone #. Hope a few can make it!

-Marisha
[email protected]

i would love to go but a little to short notice let Mike know i appreciate the help at the BBQ

How'd it go? Any changes to the posted itinerary?

Possibly a few. Some things may change between the pre-run and the official run. Currently the west side road is closed but should be open in time I'd guess so we will see. The Saline Valley north pass is closed and I don't see that it will change in time but we have it worked out. There are some people who went to the warm springs before the holidays and haven't been able to drive out due to their 2wd vehicles and the snow/mud on the south pass. There was even a PT Cruiser down there with 17" chrome wheels. Some of the washouts will get your attention if you are driving over a few mph. Here's what happened to me. The first day I snapped a rear shock mounting bolt. On the third (last) day a rock flew up and took out my rear brake hose. Good thing I had those Vise-Grips to get me home.

photo27.jpg

Back