• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

**4x4oil.com FUNDRAISER FOR ZACH YOST**

Cue-ball

NAXJA Forum User
After hearing about Zach Yost (son of Shane and Amber Yost) and his fight with cancer I felt compelled to do something to help out the family during this most difficult time.

A little about Zach first:

Zach is a 2 year old that was diagnosed with Neuroblastoma cancer on Nov. 17, 2006, is is in stage 4 (out of 5), so needless to say the family has a tough road ahead of them.

A little about the cancer:

Neuroblastoma is a disease in which malignant (cancer) cells form in nerve tissue of the adrenal gland, neck, chest, or spinal cord. Neuroblastoma often begins in the nerve tissue of the adrenal glands. There are two adrenal glands, one on top of each kidney in the back of the upper abdomen. The adrenal glands produce important hormones that help control heart rate, blood pressure, blood sugar, and the way the body reacts to stress. Neuroblastoma may also begin in the chest, in nerve tissue near the spine in the neck, or in the spinal cord. Neuroblastoma most often begins during early childhood, usually in children younger than 5 years. It sometimes forms before birth but is usually found later, when the tumor begins to grow and cause symptoms. In rare cases, neuroblastoma may be found before birth by fetal ultrasound. By the time neuroblastoma is diagnosed, the cancer has usually metastasized (spread), most often to the lymph nodes, bones, bone marrow, liver, and skin

Now about the raffle:

The prizes have grown since the beginning of the raffle, other Amsoil dealers have joind forces with me to off an even SWEETER deal in hopes that you cannot pass up the chance to win and help out a worth cause. So here is what will be included:
  • One (1) EA Series Oil Filter
  • Up to ten (10) quarts of the SYNTHETIC Oil Recommended for Your Vehicle
  • One (1) Case (12 quarts) Severe Gear Gear Lube and pump (donated by SOR4x4.com)
  • One (1) Pair of Heavy Duty Diff Covers (donated by Dan at Blue Torch Fab)
  • One (1) EA Series Air Filter (donated by Po'riggity)
  • Two (2) Tubes of SYNTHETIC Grease (donated by Po'riggity)
  • Enough Anti-Freeze/Engine Coolant for Your Vehicle (donated by Cowboy Diesel Performance)

All of these products are FULL SYNTHETIC, The value is well over $500 at this point and I am still trying to get some other dealers to offer up some products to make it an absolute no brainer to enter.

All shipping and taxes will also be covered, so there is NO cost to the winner (other than the $6 donation fee).

Each entry will be just $6
100% of the proceeds will go DIRECTLY to the family!!!

I will run this raffle the entire month of May and will be announcing a winner on June 1st.

To enter simple send a paypal payment to [email protected] be sure to put Raffle for Zach in the subject line and please include your screen name and what board you are on in the body of the payment so I can easily find you when the raffle ends.

If you prefer to send a check or Money Order please send it to:
4x4oil.com
1094 Headlands Drive
Napa, Ca. 94558

Besure to include your contact info with the check/money order.

My families hopes and prayers go out to the Yost family, please help in supporting the family!!!

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

picture.JPG

Dirk,
Awesome to see some sort of fundraiser like this. I don't even know Zack (or his family), but I'll throw in some $$$ toward the cause.

You'll have PayPal from me shortly.
Edit: Now sent.

BTW, to everyone else:
I bought some oil from Dirk a few weeks ago (Cue on Pirate4x4) and he was very prompt and forthcoming with everything. He'll defiantly be getting me business again. If you're thinking about ordering some... contact him.

Last edited:
More prizes added, now how can you not enter??

The prizes have grown since the beginning of the raffle, other Amsoil dealers have joind forces with me to off an even SWEETER deal in hopes that you cannot pass up the chance to win and help out a worth cause. So here is what will be included:
  • One (1) EA Series Oil Filter
  • Up to ten (10) quarts of the SYNTHETIC Oil Recommended for Your Vehicle
  • One (1) Case (12 quarts) Severe Gear Gear Lube and pump (donated by SOR4x4.com)
  • One (1) Pair of Heavy Duty Diff Covers (donated by Dan at Blue Torch Fab)
  • One (1) EA Series Air Filter (donated by Po'riggity)
  • Two (2) Tubes of SYNTHETIC Grease (donated by Po'riggity)
  • Enough Anti-Freeze/Engine Coolant for Your Vehicle (donated by Cowboy Diesel Performance)
  • Complete Hydroboost Brake kit (donated by Van at Vanco Power Brake Supply)

I was also approached by Jeepforum.com and have now added a runner up to the winning pool that will receive the following:

All of these fluids are FULL SYNTHETIC, The value is well over $1300 at this point and I am still trying to get some other dealers to offer up some products to make it an absolute no brainer to enter.

More prises added

• One (1) Amsoil EA Series Oil Filter (donated by 4x4oil.com)
  • One (1) Case (12 quarts) Amsoil SYNTHETIC Oil (donated by 4x4oil.com)
  • One (1) Case (12 quarts) of Amsoil Severe Gear Gear Lube and pump (donated by SOR4x4.com)
  • One (1) Pair of Heavy Duty Diff Covers (any axles)(donated by Dan at Blue Torch Fab)
  • One (1) Amsoil EA Series Air Filter (donated by Po'riggity)
  • Two (2) Tubes of Amsoil SYNTHETIC Grease (donated by Po'riggity)
  • Enough Amsoil Anti-Freeze/Engine Coolant for Your Vehicle (donated by Cowboy Diesel Performance)
  • Complete Hydroboost Brake kit (donated by Van at Vanco Power Brake Supply)
  • One (1) Case (12 quarts) Amsoil Automatic Transmission Fluid and Filter (donated by Sahara01)
  • One (1) set of Staun TYRE Deflators (donated by Overland Gears)

I was also approached by Jeepforum.com and have now added a runner up to the winning pool that will receive the following:

All of these fluids are FULL SYNTHETIC, The value is well over $1500 at this point, so I can not think of any reason not to enter.

Just wanted to let you all know that so far there are over 100 entries and we have raised just over $800 for the family so far.

THANKS A TON everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep spreading the word!!!!!!!!!!

hey dirk you are awesome for getting this going, ill have some cash for zach when i stop by to pick up the gear oil. ive been pretty busy lately but ill be by soon.

jesse

Be sure to keep an eye on my website for the latest prizes. It is difficult to update all the forums this is posted on. So check the main one on Pirate or on my website.

Thanks again for all that have helped out.

Dirk

There are still less than 200 spots taken at this point, and alot of them are people who have bought multiple entries.

So your chances are still EXCELLANT!!!!!!

So come all, if you have not yet entered the raffle, get on it!!!!!!!!!

A quick update from the hospital

Update:

Zach's counts are starting to engraft, his ANC is 200 and there are signs of new white cells growing... *YAAAHHHOOOO* I might be able to get out of this miserable place soon!!! However, I have to stay here, and prepare for the next transpplant, which is going to be alot crappier then thin one is/was!

Zach will have to have high chemo. for 6 days, then 3 days, 2 times a day of TBI (Total Body Radiation / Irradiation) and then the transplant, He is going to be miserable... I am trying not to think about that though!

Shane showed up today w/ Dillon and hung out w/ Zach and I. The boys gave each other a hug and then started fighting over there damn cars / toys. (Typical I suppose)

However, Zach fell asleep, and we decided to take a quick break, and Dillon was playing w/ a nurse (this guy looks like George Carlin) in the halls of the ICS Unit. Then all of the sudden, the nurse GROWLED at Dillon and Dillon got scared, so scared he stopped breathing, and had a seisure. Yep... right in the halls here. The nurse felt bad and was unsure of what to do. Shane and I just let Dillon do his thing and when he came to, we held him for a few and walked to the truck so he could take a little snooze. Dillon has done this before, but only if he hits his head sometimes. Never when he was running and playing. It was an oodd thing to see! So, I will be on the phone in the AM to his doctor to get him in for testing AGAIN, just to be safe!

URRGGGG..... These kids are gonna kill me one way or another! LOL

Have fun everyone!

One (1) Amsoil EA Series Oil Filter (donated by 4x4oil.com)
One (1) Case (12 quarts) Amsoil SYNTHETIC Oil (donated by 4x4oil.com)
One (1) Case (12 quarts) of Amsoil Severe Gear Gear Lube and pump (donated by SOR4x4.com)
One (1) Pair of Heavy Duty Diff Covers (any axles)(donated by Dan at Blue Torch Fab)
One (1) Amsoil EA Series Air Filter (donated by Po'riggity)
Two (2) Tubes of Amsoil SYNTHETIC Grease (donated by Po'riggity)
Enough Amsoil Anti-Freeze/Engine Coolant for Your Vehicle (donated by Cowboy Diesel Performance)
Complete Hydroboost Brake kit (donated by Van at Vanco Power Brake Supply)
One (1) Case (12 quarts) Amsoil Automatic Transmission Fluid and Filter (donated by Sahara01)
One (1) set of Staun TYRE Deflators (donated by Overland Gears)
So the ladies don't feel left out how about a $50 Gift Certificate to Ringaroundthetoez.com (donated by StepMonster)
One (1) Jeep Interior LED Light (donated by Roundeyes.com)

I was also approached by Jeepforum.com member and have now added a runner up to the winning pool that will receive the following:
Lifetime Membership to Jeepforum.com (or $100 towards the board of your choice) (donated by Richmond 88 YJ)
Lifetime Membership to MallCrawlin.com (donated by BigDaveZJ)
Lifetime membership to Pirate4x4.com (donated by Lance and Camo)
One (1) MAC Tools Mini Grease Gun (donated by Budd)
One (1) case of Red Bull Energy Drink (donated by Dustin/Becca from The Red Bull RockCrawlers)
One (1) Red Bull RockCrawlers Team T-Shirt (donated by Dustin/Becca from The Red Bull RockCrawlers)

And a 3rd Place prizes (also from a member on Jeepforum.com)
One (1) Year Membership to Jeepforum.com (donated by Rocky529)
One (1) case of Red Bull Energy Drink (donated by Dustin/Becca from The Red Bull Rock Crawlers)
One (1) Red Bull RockCrawlers Team T-Shirt (donated by Dustin/Becca from The Red Bull RockCrawlers)

All Winners
Interco Tires is sending me a box of T-Shirts, each winner will get a shirt or two and I will pick a few random other winners for shirts as well. (donated by Allison at Interco Tires).

Thanks.

Okay just wanted to give you all a quick update:

So far we have over 250 entries, and have raised just over $1500 for the Yost family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is still time, so please help spread the word, I would love to double these numbers in the next few weeks!!!!!!!!!

hey dirk im in the process of moving (out of here on the first) ive been real busy doing all kinds of things so i probably wont be able to make it out there for a couple weeks, i want to help with zach do you think it would be helpful/possible to add to the prizes second place winner or 3rd or whatever my gear oil? once i get settled in the new place (my roomates going up to berryesa estates to check out a house for rent today as a matter of fact we may be neghbors soon lol) and funds are not so tight i can order the 5 gallon pale like i originaly was planning.

if any of that sounds cool let me know

88rockxj said:
hey dirk im in the process of moving (out of here on the first) ive been real busy doing all kinds of things so i probably wont be able to make it out there for a couple weeks, i want to help with zach do you think it would be helpful/possible to add to the prizes second place winner or 3rd or whatever my gear oil? once i get settled in the new place (my roomates going up to berryesa estates to check out a house for rent today as a matter of fact we may be neghbors soon lol) and funds are not so tight i can order the 5 gallon pale like i originaly was planning.

if any of that sounds cool let me know

Sent you a PM

One (1) Amsoil EA Series Oil Filter (donated by 4x4oil.com)
One (1) Case (12 quarts) Amsoil SYNTHETIC Oil (donated by 4x4oil.com)
One (1) Case (12 quarts) of Amsoil Severe Gear Gear Lube and pump (donated by SOR4x4.com)
One (1) Pair of Heavy Duty Diff Covers (any axles)(donated by Dan at Blue Torch Fab)
One (1) Amsoil EA Series Air Filter (donated by Po'riggity)
Two (2) Tubes of Amsoil SYNTHETIC Grease (donated by Po'riggity)
Enough Amsoil Anti-Freeze/Engine Coolant for Your Vehicle (donated by Cowboy Diesel Performance)
Complete Hydroboost Brake kit (donated by Van at Vanco Power Brake Supply)
One (1) Case (12 quarts) Amsoil Automatic Transmission Fluid and Filter (donated by Sahara01)
One (1) set of Staun TYRE Deflators (donated by Overland Gears)
So the ladies don't feel left out how about a $50 Gift Certificate to Ringaroundthetoez.com (donated by StepMonster)
One (1) Jeep Interior LED Light (donated by Roundeyes.com)

I was also approached by Jeepforum.com member and have now added a runner up to the winning pool that will receive the following:
Lifetime Membership to Jeepforum.com (or $100 towards the board of your choice) (donated by Richmond 88 YJ)
Lifetime Membership to MallCrawlin.com (donated by BigDaveZJ)
Lifetime membership to Pirate4x4.com (donated by Lance and Camo)
One (1) MAC Tools Mini Grease Gun (donated by Budd)
One (1) case of Red Bull Energy Drink (donated by Dustin/Becca from The Red Bull RockCrawlers)
One (1) Gallon Amsoil 75W-90 Synthetic Long Life Gear Lube (donated by INFAMOUS BUTCHER)

And a 3rd Place prizes (also from a member on Jeepforum.com)
One (1) Year Membership to Jeepforum.com (donated by Rocky529)
One (1) 2-D Cell Maglight (donated by Matt from RockHard Fabrication)
One (1) Gallon Amsoil 75W-90 Synthetic Long Life Gear Lube (donated by INFAMOUS BUTCHER)

All Winners
Interco Tires is sending me a box of T-Shirts, each winner will get a shirt or two and I will pick a few random other winners for shirts as well. (donated by Allison at Interco Tires).

Update from the Yost family:

Hey everyone, we are outta the hospital FINALLY!!! We go back in for his 2nd transplant in 3 weeks! Urrgggg..

Dillon seem to be OK, however we have to take him to the neurologist again. I have no idea when that will be, hopefully soon! He will be going to Calif. for a few months while I am here and Shane is working to spend some time with family!
Miranda is doing the same, however she will be going to Denver, and a few places w/ family for the summer..

Me well Zach and I are here in Utah... (Talk about BORING) LOL

I am thinking about taking Zach to Moab over Mem, Day weekend. The docs think its not a good idea, since he can't be in the wind, dirt, ect.. He still has a very low immune syatem. However, I am gonna play it by ear, see what his counts are next week and go from there!

He is on (IV nutrition) for 12 hours a day, which I have to administer to him. Its kinda nuts, Zach has his own pump, iv line and meds to take which all fit in a fanny pack that weighs more then him by far! I am going to have to figure something else out with that set up because he just can't manage with it. Talk about a weight holding a two year old down, it's not a pretty sight, not to mention the sounds of him crying because he can't go anywhere w/out me following him around everywhere!

Zach and Dillon turn 3 on Thursday, and it sucks we can't be together as a family to celebrate it!

Well have a great day everyone!

Back