• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Let me Introduce myself...

AlabamaBill

NAXJA Forum User
I love XJ's. They have been my daily driver for going on 16 years now. As for offroad, well that is a different story, I am as green as gets. I currently own 3 XJ's of various conditions and few spare parts and seem to be in habit of aquring more of late.

I planning on build a light/Med duty rig over next year or so and been searching for information. On the drive train, I planning stock all the way (H0, AX15, 231) except for using a Dana 30 and Dana 35c with 4:10 gears in place of the stock 3:07 with 30s on 15 stock rims. I plan to armor the sides, install a good front bumper and and back and see where that goes from there. More extreme improvements over time.

I feel sorry for the guy who gets stuck with a 4 banger and 3:07 rear end yikes...but it will go cheap LOL

All advice and recomends on bumpers, rails, fabrication of them or frame rail tie ins etc is warmly recieved. I am on a very limited budget and basically a junkyard dog, so that should be noted on the advice. I am not gonna be out there every weekend waist deep in it. It will be a hunting occasionally play rig.

I look forward to hearing from other Southern XJ lover's and meeting you guys in time. Not fond of Yankees even if they do love XJ's LOL

Thanks
Dyslexic Bill
Moulton, Alabama

Back