• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheels and tires, good deal?

flsurfer19

NAXJA Forum User
my buddy has 5 31" bfg mud terrains on 15x8 rock crawler wheels, the black ones with the red and purple lines, hes sellin them for $500 bucks, is this a good deal, they have about 85% tread on them. all the input needed

check them for cupping, excessive inside edge wear or other wear patterns. If they haven't been wearing even, the amount of tread won't matter. They'll ride like crap and very likely bless you with a nice 55 MPH shimmy. At ~50% tread, I was more than happy to get rid of mine. Maybe he'd let you do a try-before-buy.

Of course, this is a non-issue if you expect to use them on a trail only rig.

MaXJohnson said:
check them for cupping, excessive inside edge wear or other wear patterns. If they haven't been wearing even, the amount of tread won't matter. They'll ride like crap and very likely bless you with a nice 55 MPH shimmy. At ~50% tread, I was more than happy to get rid of mine. Maybe he'd let you do a try-before-buy.

Of course, this is a non-issue if you expect to use them on a trail only rig.

good advice... talk him down to $450 and call it a deal. :cheers:

brandon

Back