• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good friends+good intentions-mechanical know how=a cold drive to school

98_XJ_Classic

NAXJA Forum User
Let me start by saying I have some of the best friends in the world and while I was in Chicago this weekend they decided to rip my DD 98 4 door classic apart and detail the interior. I was super happy it looks showroom new except.....none of my climate controls work now. Blower used to only work on 4 (i know it was a bad resistor) now it does not work at all, cant tell if the other two work or not cause the blower wont blow. They said the took apart the panel and unplugged everything and take it all apart and don't know where they went wrong. Please any light on this would be great I cant handle the 30 MI drive to school this winter in the cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

take off the glove box (4 screws on the bottom in mine)

and see what isn't plugged in, chances are its your blower motor.

Sounds like your friends aren't so great after all! haha jk. Does the climate control still light up when you turn your lights on? If not, chances are somehow one of the harnesses got unplugged? No idea.. Good luck,

Mike

Back