• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats a good air compressor for my tires for a good deal??

20lb C02 Setup. Forget an Air Compressor.

DSC_0976.jpg

Welding shops have CO2, don't they? MIG shielding gas?

yes, welding shops can refill them....maybe even paintball stores

I have a 24# setup I'm about to install in my trail rig. If your AC doesn't work you could convert to OBA. Or checkout the viair systems.

Where is the best place to buy a CO2 tank system?

I was thinking of going with a VIAir setup. They don't seem to be very expensive.

thats what i was leaning with the viair set up, becasue i dont have any paintball and welding shops with 40 miles of me. just curious how long will a 20# co2 tank last

I was thinking of going with a VIAir setup. They don't seem to be very expensive.

It is portable enough that I have taken it on ATV trips. It has taken severe poundings bungie strapped to my rear rack and always fires right up, although it is way too much for my bikes electrical system it airs up an ATV tire so fast I don't care.
I use it for my 31's on my jeep, it takes a hair less than one smoke to fill my tires.

You wont run air tools on the vi-air kit without a HUGE tank and it wont air up tires as fast as CO2. Without a hhuge air tank, y o uare simply using the duty cycle of the compressor, which is tough on them. C02 takes 45 seconds or less to air a 35" tire from 10psi-30psi.

Maybe you can lease a tank from a welding shop?
Do you know anyone that works at a soda company that my be able to get one for you?

Whenever I set mine up, I plan to route copper pipe to all 4 wheel wells with quick connects and some type of cap to keep everything out of it until it is needed. This way I won't have to carry 50' of hose.

I bought a MV-50 compressor of ebay for $15 and it fills my 32's from 12 PSI to 32 PSI in under 5 mins each.

Best compressor for the money IMHO.

Back