• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 Loosing power, dying

Thanks for all the suggestions. I got this all fixed!

1) Replaced CKP/CMP sensors with MOPAR sensors from the local dealership. (Thanks for the suggestions of online Dealership sites. Found a few, but got it local because I was going on a trip.) Fixed the 1391 issue.

2) The idle problems ended up being low voltage! I replaced the battery with a Red Top Optima (heard the quality isn't what it was, but went for it anyways) and cleaned the terminals/wires. No more RPM issues! After driving it for several trips in one day though and monitoring voltage with a multimeter, I noticed voltage was dropping. So I sprung for a new alternator, and the voltage held steady.

Soon I'll be replacing all the battery cables, terminals, and grounds, but for now all is good.

Who would have thought low voltage would cause the RPM issues I was experiencing! Wow.

As a side note, my Delphi fuel pump assembly sucked (wrong fuel level on guage / 20# max pressure that immediately dropped after shut off and had to cool before starting again). I replaced with a Bosch assembly and now I have 50# of pressure and starts immediately, every time. I echo Tim: Get good parts!

Back