• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April fools pranks

bigdumbfun

NAXJA Forum User
I need help. Last year I brought a package of vanilla oreos to work. Just before lunch I opened them up and started scraping out the creme filling and replaced it with colgate toothpaste. If you are going to try this, I only 'modified' half of them as the consisency of the filling isn't the same and they don't restack as well. But if you reload the package every other one, they stand up beautifully. Anyhow, I then placed them on the table in the hang out and sat back and watched. People are still talking about it.

The help that I need is toping that this year. I'm looking for some good clean fun. Noone gettting hurt. Not messing with anyones ride. It should go without saying but....Any stories or suggestions?

I got a LEO friend of mine good last year. I had magnetic bumper stickers made last year that said "I brake for Dunkin Donuts" with the DD logo on it and another one that had, "Follow me to Krispy Kremes" with the KK logo on it. I stuck them on the back of his cruiser and he drove on patrol all day without noticing them until his Sargent pulled up behind him in traffic and radioed to him to pull over immediately and remove the bumper stickers from his cruiser, they broke department policy.:roflmao:

He still doesn't know it was me:laugh3: His wife is also a LEO in the same PD and was in on the prank with me.

That was my best April fools prank to date. No plans for tomorrow as of right now.

i always get a kick out of supergluing random items to people's desks. last year I glued my sons shoes to the floor. wife wasn't too happy about it :D you could wait for eveyrone to come in and fill the company fridge with thier lunches (if they do that sort of thing) and glue all of them together :D

I'm at work still (working uh REALLY late... only remembered it was april fools just now.)

All my co-workers have bluetooth mice, I'm swapping them all around so they will each be moving someone else's mouse tomorrow morning

I'm liking the magnetic signs.

A few years ago I came into work early and taped down the button that pops up when you pick up the phone.....on all of the phones in the building. So when a call comes in and the phone gets picked up, it still rings and isn't answered. I saw a few disconnected phones laying around that afternoon.

Scotch tape over the motion sensor on a computer mouse. :thumbup:

you'll need a bit of time, but when someones away from their computer for a few minutes;

minimize everything on the desktop
hit 'Prnt Scrn' and save that file somewhere easy to get to
open Paint and that file, right click on it and "set as background" close Paint down
highlight all icons and move them to the other side of the screen, then right click on the desktop, and in the properties set the 'icon' properties to transparent
'move' the taskbar so it is hidden off the side/bottom/top of the screen

end result is a background that looks exactly like the desktop, icons and everything... you can move around like normal and the icons 'look' like they are there, but nothing works. even if they reboot its still the same thing that pops up...
I've had some fun with that a few times in the past with co-workers/friends/family

^^^ even better if you screen-cap the windows disk defragmenter screen and a random error dialog, mspaint some dire warning about a cluster allocation bitmap being corrupt or a file descriptor list being crosslinked onto it, and then slap it onto the "desktop"... did that to my dad (a professional computer programmer and systems analyst) back in high school and it actually scared the crap out of him for a few seconds because he suddenly remembered that he had no backups.

My bluetooth mouse asshattery had a very high ROI, it took quite some time before everyone figured out whose mouse was whose again :roflmao: they still haven't pinned it on me. For bonus points I stole yellaheep's idea and added tape to a few random ones.

One of my wife's friends gave her family chocolate covered cotton balls for a treat. I thought that was pretty rotten.

thats a good one

AMC did the best April Fools prank ever, 40 years ago today.

The introduction of the Gremlin.

if you have some time to prep, there is always the rotten meat under/behind a disliked coworkers desk, copy machine, tool box, locker etc...

I got pranked, I just finished a commercial office buildout at my uncles property. We built it to code but did not get inspected as he has no plans to sell the property anytime soon.

So he calls and says someone ratted us out and the inspector is coming tomorrow... He got me good on that one, but i also broke a window today when i was finishing up.

My favorite two:

1. Get 3 sheep or other animals. Paint 1, 2, 4 on them.
2. Buy about 10,000 dixie cups. Working from the furthest corner in the room, fill them with water and set them real close together on the floor and in teh drawers and everywhere.

Worked two years in a row now.

Made a cake the size of a shoe box, iced the cake and cut the end piece and a few more. Set aside. Next place icing on a shoe box, attached the previously cut pieces of cake to either end of the shoe box blending in with icing. Place in the office lunch room.

Not an April fool's prank but... a few years back there was a lunch box raider on the shop floor. Coming out of the parts room I saw him open my small box of raisins, toss his head back and swallow them right from the box like taking a shot of tequila. My kids had a pet rabbit...nuff said.

Worked two years in a row now.

Made a cake the size of a shoe box, iced the cake and cut the end piece and a few more. Set aside. Next place icing on a shoe box, attached the previously cut pieces of cake to either end of the shoe box blending in with icing. Place in the office lunch room.

In my dads younger days, they had a variation on this, It started when someone bought a few round concrete pavers and covered them in icing for a birthday party cake. Your party, you got stuck with the pavers and it became a game as to who got stuck with em next. Have a BBQ, oh look someone made a cake.. oh damn you! etc. He said the key was being able to carry the pavers and make it look like the weight of a normal cake.

Another fun prank is to change the way the fridge door opens, but not move the handle.

Back