• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a good road/trail

DrSockMonkey

NAXJA Forum User
I no longer have an XJ but when I thought of who to ask for a good trail off of I90 you all came to mind. My wife has decided that for our anniversary this year she would like to pack up a couple dirtbikes with sleeping bags tent and so on and go camping for a couple nights. I have been looking for a place we can go from northbend. I keepo finding things only to find out no motorized vehicles allowed. Anyone have any Ideas on a good road that we can ride our bikes to to camp? Preferably FS roads she is not a hardcore rider. Any help would be appreciated, hope you all are doing well.

Jeremy

Why not hit up the Naches area for the biking? Seems like every time I have been out there tons of people have been on bikes and it looks like a good time.

-Alex

There is alot of stuff over in the Naches area. FS roads, trails, ect.

Tahuya is mostly just designated trails.

Tinkham road area would be nice to explore, although I havent ventured out that way very much.

Another option is the Greenwater area. FS70, 74 would be good places to get some gravel and camping time in. FS70 will take you to Naches also. You could to the Naches Trail off of FS70, camp at Government Meadows up top or at the Cabin at the top of the Naches Trail, which is cool.

There are a couple mild trails north of Roslyn, the 4W301 and 4W302. You access them off of the dirt road north of Salmon La Sac campground, about five miles from the campground turn right at the red reflective diamond-shaped marker. The trails take you to the Van Epps Pass and mines area (4W301) and Gallagher Head lake (4W302) Both places are mild/moderate trail access and are beautiful high-country scenery areas. I'm sure you could find a decent map online, but both trails are pretty straight-shot routes and easy to not get lost on. Fantastic camping up there, extremely nice scenery. It's about a 2.5-3 hour trip from Seattle each way to the top of the trails.

There are lots of FS roads off of HWY2, a good example is Beckler River(Jacks Pass). We used to go truck camping up there when I was a kid, tons of roads to be ridden. I can't say that it would be challenging, but there are lots of good views to be seen. :thumbup:

-Lyle

I 2nd Government Meadows, that place is gorgeous and Naches is hard to beat.

Back