• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1989 XJ, 2wd-needs a little work but it's cheap

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
4.0/AW4/2WD XJ 4 door. Interior is so-so. Not terrible, but definately not pristine. Body is very straight but the paint is beat. Has a remanned engine, but I have no idea how long it's been in there. Needs an oil pump, rear main seal (it leaks BAD-could be part of the oil pump's problem), window motors, and needs an issue with the engine running overly rich to be fixed. Seems like a fairly solid car otherwise. Just add a few parts & elbow grease and it would make a nice first car or daily driver for someone or their kids. Clear title in hand.

$700 OBO or trade for CJ7 parts

100_1371.jpg

Last edited:
I've got a smittybilt rock crawler classic front bumper, plain jane. I dont know why the rear bumpers say they wont fit a cj. I've got a kc light mount bolts down to the factory bumper holes and clears a winch...supposed to be for a tj but would be easy to mount on a cj...one poly motor mount (I dont know why just one.) new set of warn hubs for a cj...I dont know what else...any of this stuff interesting?

Really about the only thing that I *need* right now is a set of wheels. Aluminum or chrome steel. Oh, and a one-piece axle set for a wide-track AMC 20. I may need more than that but I'll have to wait until I get the YJ home that I'm buying this weekend so I can inventory the parts I'll no longer need.

I do happen to have a brand new still in the box set of 15x8 chrome 5x5.5 American Racing wheels. I'll look but I think I have the new center caps too...
are-772_w.jpg

I'm going to see what day I can come check it out. Might be sunday evening or monday if your going to be around.

Back