• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Membership Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmyohn

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I just figured that while WF is still on everyone's mind and everyone was out having great time this weekend (I know I did) that this month is the membership drive. So especially those black named fellas, join up support NAXJA and the MWC and buy a membership. If you have a membership already, renew your membership. We all enjoyed the commrodery and new things we learned. Give it back to NAXJA by becoming a member and support the one and only Midwest Chapter.

-Brendan

Hey guys, I just figured that while WF is still on everyone's mind and everyone was out having great time this weekend (I know I did) that this month is the membership drive. So especially those black named fellas, join up support NAXJA and the MWC and buy a membership. If you have a membership already, renew your membership. We all enjoyed the commrodery and new things we learned. Give it back to NAXJA by becoming a member and support the one and only Midwest Chapter.

-Brendan

Couldn't have said it better myself. This is a group full of great people whom even though I have only met some of them a handful of times I consider them friends. I know some people have tight budgets(I know i do) but giving back to this Club is worth it to me. So pony up some duckets you broke Mofo's and join up! :D

You're all getting my vast knowledge and scarcasm for another year.:D I renewed. :wave1:

You don't have to even be close to your membership expiration date either. When you renew, it's tacked on to the end of your current membership.
There is a chapter contest going on with this membership drive as well so, keep that in mind. Pony up! If for nothing else just to keep the calitards from winning!

You're all getting my vast knowledge and scarcasm for another year.:D I renewed. :wave1:

Damn we will have to try to get rid of you a lot harder!

I will have mine subscribed sometime soon as my $$ straight out

I was going to join but I would never pass inspection and get to wheel with you cuz NAXJA dont like welded on tow hooks.

Well, grind them off and bolt them on! It may need to be added to the requirements that they be properly attached. Sucks you couldn't wheel with us but the guys doing tech know what they are talking about and if they say its a bad idea then it probably was. Its not like WF just comes up out of the Blue, there is a whole year to plan stuff. Hell, I wrecked my old Jeep in November and had the new one ready for WF(give or take a couple parts).

Well, grind them off and bolt them on! It may need to be added to the requirements that they be properly attached. Sucks you couldn't wheel with us but the guys doing tech know what they are talking about and if they say its a bad idea then it probably was. Its not like WF just comes up out of the Blue, there is a whole year to plan stuff. Hell, I wrecked my old Jeep in November and had the new one ready for WF(give or take a couple parts).

he did wheel with us. he toasted his front d-shaft and thats when the welded on hooks were noticed.

he did wheel with us. he toasted his front d-shaft and thats when the welded on hooks were noticed.

Oh, got ya. I wasn't aware of this. Didn't mean to sound like a dick either. I wouldn't think them being welded to thin sheetmetal would be that secure though. thats why i said that.

I dont understand the differnce between welded on tow hooks and welded on D-rings that alot of people had. plus I would be willing to bet it is stronger than a factory tow hook mount. It was an unwritten rule that was spung on me as I was broke hanging off a rock ledge which was frustrating.
number on thing i dont understand:
Why did they not want to hook to my welded on tow hook but they wanted to hook onto my 1/8th inch tube stinger that was welded on and not braced (its not finished yet) :confused1

i dont know and i dont care. i was just explaining the situation to Aaron.

I'm still lost. These guys have me more confused than a hungry baby in a room full of topless women! :D

I wouldn't think them being welded to thin sheetmetal would be that secure though. thats why i said that.
This is the set up friend:
attachment.php

Equipment List
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    3. D-Rings
    4. Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

:twak: lets be serious for one min

tow hook that is bolted to a welded on bumper is stronger than a welded on hook? WTF
you fawkers are wheelin xjs for crying out loud.... not much to bolt to

the worst part is he had to back off an obstical under his own power b/c noone would hook up a fawkin strap

I dont understand the differnce between welded on tow hooks and welded on D-rings that alot of people had. plus I would be willing to bet it is stronger than a factory tow hook mount. It was an unwritten rule that was spung on me as I was broke hanging off a rock ledge which was frustrating.
number on thing i dont understand:
Why did they not want to hook to my welded on tow hook but they wanted to hook onto my 1/8th inch tube stinger that was welded on and not braced (its not finished yet) :confused1

well I'm not trying to start anything here, but if you knew that you're rear bumper was not fit to pull off of why didn't you speak up? you could have put someone in danger by not having the proper setup to run with us. Its up to our tech inspectors (very experienced guys I might add) may have missed something when you got inspected. But it sounds like you weren't fit to run with the group and that a Staff Member kindly pointed out that you didn't fit requirements. Stop whining, rules are rules buddy. Get your jeep up to spec and then you can come out with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back