• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Membership Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt it a cryin shame that pirate wont chime in?

Probably because most of them don't give a flying crap about whats going on her because either a.) They don't have an XJ or b.) they don't give a damn about your stupid little trolling effort.

you are a fine one to talk about being high and mighty

I passed inspection by the inspector and trail leader you did not. Does that make me high and mighty? I don't think so. I am just stating the facts. If you do not like that, than please produce a response that does not sound like you are whinning. Please produce this response in a paragraph that is comprehendible and uses punctuation. Thanks.

Saw it on pirate and thought you guys might want to know.

We aren't sure whats going on either. All i am hearing is noise. No real talk anymore!

Can we say... FAG? You are a butt hurt little bi tch. Grow up. Seriously?

You midwesterns got some f'd in the head people.

Can we say...? You are a butt hurt little bi tch. Grow up. Seriously?

You midwesterns got some f'd in the head people.

Nobody even knows this dude except for Dozer!

Wow.

I see both sides of this thing.
There is no written rule concerning welded tow hooks. Nowhere in the NAXJA bylaws does it specifically call out that welded tow hooks are prohibited. So, when Dozer (or anyone for that matter) reads the rules, he thinks he's good to go.

Now on the other side of the fence is the NAXJA old timer. The old timer knows that it's sort of an "unwritten rule" that welded tow hooks are known to be a weak link. (See my previous post about not being a metal geek, there are several opinions on this particuar subject) So, this old timer knows that the unwritten rule is something that most people associated with NAXJA are aware of and follow.

So, when a guy that's not associated with NAXJA shows up to wheel an event......AND PASSES TECH......he takes that as a nod that he's good to go wheel the event. This outsider new guy has no idea that there is an unwritten rule concerning tow hooks. It just so happens that this guy is in a prediciment on the trial and needs a tug. I wasn't there. So, I don't know every single specific of the situation. Anyway, he gets some grief from the everyone for some welded hooks. It'd be like getting a speeding ticket for doing 45 in a 55mph zone. It's not in the written law but everyone in the area knows that 55 isn't safe for the area.

I'll be the first to admit, tech was not nearly as tight as it should have been. That's a problem. This issue is being addressed and it shouldn't happen again. The welded thing will be brought before the BOD and a decison will be made concering allowing or now allowing welded tow hooks on official events.

This one is locked folks it won't do anyting but snowball from this point. When a decision is reached on the fate of the welded tow hooks, I'm sure it will be communicated to the masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back