• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rheostat Sources???

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
After dealing with fuel gauges, temp gauges, and oil pressure senders, I decided it's time to make up a tester for those circuits. Depending on year, the senders range from 0 to 105 ohms or 0 to 88 ohms for the range of the instrument.

Went to Radio Shack today looking for a 0 - 100 ohm rheostat, and all they have is 0 - 25 ohm. That would only cover about 1/4 to 1/3 of the range of the gauge, so not very useful. Does anyone know of an electronics parts source where I can buy a rotary rheostat with a range of 0 - 100 ohms?

Also need a source for a knob to put on the shaft. Radio Shack doesn't seem to carry that stuff any more.

There is a store out in california called HSC they have everything, apparently even a website but the address is not with me right now. Finding a pot that fits the specs you need can be turned into a rheostat.
Ben

Back