• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Napa mounts

flexjay87

NAXJA Forum User
i think my driver side engine mount is bad (fan rubbed on the shroud for the first time in 6 yrs. of wheeling). seems the camp is divided on what mounts to get, i.e., M.O.R.E., stock, etc. how about Napa, are they junk like other discount retailers or not?

RawBrown makes a pretty good mount...and so does M.O.R.E.

Guess it depends on how far your wallet can take you ;) I actually like the reliablity I've gotten from napa.

YMMV

Anchor and L&S are pretty much my favourite "standard replacement" brands - I've had great luck with both of them,

I haven't tried any of the poly replacements yet on any of my XJ's but I've used them on HP and racing vehicles before - they'll keep your engine down, and can make a small difference in power output and throttle response (reduced engine motion relative to the chassis - but this is a nearly instantaneous thing and of little consequence to us) and you will note more noise coming from the engine bay - due to the stiffer mounts when using pulyurethane rather than Neoprene.

That doesn't mean that poly is a bad thing - there are even applications (rare!) where a machined steel or aluminum mount may be used.

I'd not put poly mounts on my wife's truck (the noise issue again!) but I wouldn't mind them on my own. Just haven't had to replace them yet...

5-90

As much as i love napa one thing i would not get from them are the engine mounts they are anchor dorman which are no better or no worse then anyone elses but here is the deal... i had a bad experience with one where the stud broke loose inside the rubber and rotated during the install so i was forced to cut the mount off and go back and get another one... go with some of hte none OE style mounts... all the OE mounts are crap

red91inWA said:
this sounds familiar...

:flame:

I've heard that, too. I tend to agree...because after all, my OEM mounts didn't last 130k miles or cost $10 to replace (with very very low-mile used ones from a swap meet). :laugh3:

Come to think of it, that was only the driver's side one...which was dried out from being mere inches from the exhaust manifold. We'll see if I can get another 130k miles out of this 'new' one with the aluminum shroud around it!

well i went down and looked at the Napa ones (before i saw the belkamp suggestion)and wasn't really impressed with the quality. if they had a metal sleeve for the bolt i would probably bought them. Rawbrown is still lookin good. thanks for the input.

Back