• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders trail list

Led

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I need trail leaders and tail gunners for the mild to Med-hard trails.Please P.M me with what trails in and around the Salidia/Bueno Vista area
you would be willing to lead and what day you would like to lead it.Feel free to add more trails. I will start on the schedle as soon as I have enough Leaders. Soom of these trails need to be prerun as they change year to year.If you run any of these trails before the trip please PM me with the conditions and min size for the trail.
Grizly lake M
Iron Chest M
Tin Cup , Tomichi Hancock E
Mt Antero E
Pomeroy lake E
Chinamans M
Holy Cross M+ Over nighter Troy and ???
Wheeler lake M+
Indy D+ Led and ???
Carnage D+ Led and ???
Left fender D
Mine sweeper D

WOOHOO... let's go wheelin'!!
:party:

so can we plan an "unofficial" pre-run event sometime??
i'd be happy to volunteer to lead/tail any of the M/D trails, but have only run chinaman's...

maybe sometime in june (just not father's day)?

terry

dang I thought it would be easy but....
E easy
M medium
D difficult
D+ Stupid hard

Led, I'm gonna be in Gunnison for MHJC's All-4-Fun week July 24-30th. I'll take notes on any trails I do (on this list) that aren't already been pre-run by then. I should have a trail list from them soon; I'm supposed to pick which I want to lead. And of course, will volunteer to lead/tail any trail at ColoFest that I've done- this year or last.
:mad: choices, choices :paperwork

Last edited:
Led said:
dang I thought it would be easy but....
E easy
M medium
D difficult
D+ Stupid hard

So why is the scale different than the rest of the world? (just curious) and what do they equate to on the 5 scale. Ali and I will be out for this trip

xjnation said:
So why is the scale different than the rest of the world? (just curious) and what do they equate to on the 5 scale. Ali and I will be out for this trip
Because every area has a different rating system. We use a 10 base you a 5 and lots of places use a 4.This seemed easier

Led said:
Because every area has a different rating system. We use a 10 base you a 5 and lots of places use a 4.This seemed easier
So what would the corrosponding corrolation be? a D+ is a 4 to 5 on a 5 scale anad 8 -10 on a 10 scale?

yo led, so where is "left fender"? i don't see it in the wells' books nor on 4x4trails.net...

thanks.

jrsxj98 said:
Leftfender is overaround the salida area, not sure on the exact location.
Correct its a locals trail

I'll lead Indy as long as it won't scratch my clearcoat.

kid4lyf said:
I'll lead Indy as long as it won't scratch my clearcoat.
Scratch the clearcoat thats funny like there is anyleft after BOTW.How The %$&! you gonna lead a trail like Indy you don't even have a drivable jeep. BTW Indy has rocks and you ins agent called me and asked if I would take pics. I gues she is a fan of your jeep?!? :cheers:

Led said:
BTW Indy has rocks and you ins agent called me and asked if I would take pics. I gues she is a fan of your jeep?!? :cheers:
God bless her.
Insurance is a wonderful thing. ;)

Led,

I'm definitely on board to lead Holy Cross and put me down for Wheeler Lake too if you still need a leader for that.

I assume the D+ trails will be saved for toward the last part of the event? I think Indy may be callin' me again.....

LED, I can take Wheeler, Grizzly, Iron Chest and or Holy Cross. Let me know what you need. We can also jump in the middle or end for a "sweeper".

There are more trails in the area if you need more to add to your list. An E/M trail just south of Leadville is Halfmoon Creek, an easy trail that could be run in conjunction with Wheeler is Mosquito Pass. Good trail for any "flat landers" that want to get some elevation in. 13K+ feet at the summit. wheeze hack cough ;)

TNT_banner.gif
Bob

Back