• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Better driver and passenger seats?

Jiu-Jitsu_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Please tell me where I can get some nice reasonably priced replacements for the front seats of my '93 two door XJ. They need to fold forward obviously. Looking to buy new (not used) seats that will bolt up with minimal modifications (i.e. adapter plates) and that will cost $500 - $600 for the set.

Thanks, and yes I'm a n00b, and yes I did search.

why new seats? the best stock seats ive ever seen in my life were in a late 80's 300zx. the good thing is these fold forward in the 2+2 cars, and are avalible in tan and grey leather. simmilar shades to most xj's. the come in maroon and blue too, but i only care about the tan ones.

i cant think of any aftermarket seats that would go willingly into an xj, you will probally need to make adapters.

streetpirate said:
why new seats? the best stock seats ive ever seen in my life were in a late 80's 300zx. the good thing is these fold forward in the 2+2 cars, and are avalible in tan and grey leather. simmilar shades to most xj's. the come in maroon and blue too, but i only care about the tan ones.

i cant think of any aftermarket seats that would go willingly into an xj, you will probally need to make adapters.

carabou makes some that fit.

i use every damn excuse i get to scour junkyards. its my favorite hobby. sometime i make up bogus reasons. plus, it gives me more of that "built not bought" feeling. aftermarket is soo expensive when the oem's put good stuff in to begin with.

Back