• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Picked up 2001 for parts

xjintx

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I picked up the CL find 2001 white XJ that Swamprat originally posted. I was thinking of maybe fixing up but I have decided to swap what I need for my white 2000 and part out the rest.

Too cold and dark for pics but first come first serve.

4.0L... started right up with new gas and battery I know nothing else.

As I said white 4X4 sport I keep driver fender hood and front. That will leave my 2000 parts that are fine except repainted by PO and not quite a match.

Buddy that helped me retrieve it is getting the transmission and transfer case.

The rest is up for grabs... windshield,driverside glass and hatch glass are all broken. Radio / stereo missing :( Grey Interior has gotten wet from broken glass.

D30 and Chrysler 8.25... I assume 3.55 gears?

Last edited:
Can you shoot me a pic of the seat belt color to make sure its the same as my wifes. And condition/price for the PS pump and rear passenger seat belt. Does the center console have the clip that locks it down? Missing that on mine... Would be shopping to Boise but I could figure out those costs...

Nate, the cat too was cutoff by the PO ... real a-hole I guess. If you mean the upper ones let me know. I hae not ran it much... just on and off trailer but no codes.

What else you need?

Bdiddy I assume you mean rear passanger seat belt and not the shoulder belt?

The center console has the clip but that goes with the entire console... sorry.

The power steering pump looks good but can't really vouch for it.

Nate, the cat too was cutoff by the PO ... real a-hole I guess. If you mean the upper ones let me know. I hae not ran it much... just on and off trailer but no codes.

What else you need?

Any sign of leakage from the PS pump area? How much for the pump/reservoir and rear passenger belt? The shoulder one, right side belt

Roger,
Let me know about that engine when you get a sec.....As I mentioned on the phone my daily driver needs a fresh"er" motor...Thanks

I could use the interior trim (if it's the dark gray....agate?) around the front door.....specifically the piece that goes right along the bottom right after the kickpanels on both sides.

Jay, let me know on engine pretty soon others are knocking at the door,

ShawnX the upper frame should be fine he just busted a hole dead center in the glass.

Interior is all in descent shape including kick panels... heck I even got the Husy Liners from it :)

Does the rear wiper motor work correctly? If so, I need the relay out of it and also the plastic piece that the wiper fluid hose connects to on the outside of the hatch.
How's the steering wheel? Color and condition of the leather. Mine is cut, torn and in need of replacing.
Also if the keyless entry works, I'd like the fobs and reciever out of the roofliner.

Thanks,

I need the rear wiper nozzle for mine :) I will check the relay but I assume it works. The steering wheel looks good... has the Cruise. It's the dark Grey almost blackish.

Can't say if keyless entry works... no FOB... that said I have one I bought off ebay I never bothered with for my 2000.

Back