• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Black Bear Pass

I'd like to give it a go. Back when I was a pup, CW McCall (you know, Convoy) had a bunch of albums with songs about Colorado. One was about BBP. My dad and I listened to that music over and over. I'd like to get him to go with me.

Again, depends on when, but I'm prettty sure I could make it happen. Maybe Jim can go, also. Those two seemed to have a lot in common.

Steve

I'd like to give it a go. Back when I was a pup, CW McCall (you know, Convoy) had a bunch of albums with songs about Colorado. One was about BBP. My dad and I listened to that music over and over. I'd like to get him to go with me.

Again, depends on when, but I'm prettty sure I could make it happen. Maybe Jim can go, also. Those two seemed to have a lot in common.

Steve

I love that song!

I'd go too. It's on my list and I am a glutton for punishment.:spin1:

Things are wrapping up here, it looks like I've got another 3 days or so, plus time to repair my car when I pass back through Dallas and return kendrik's XJ to him.

Time frame is looking like Next weekend-ish. September 26th unless you guys want to run it on a weekday.

a couple of friends and i had planed to go this weekend to teluride for the blues and brews festival and we were going to do black bear
but everyone had to cancel. so i am bringing them sunday to the Bil lMoore lake deal
so i am saying i would proably be in for that depends on when

When we were planing our trip to Black bear we had reservation at ourays riverside in they are a campground cabins and some full rooms with kitchens it seemed like a nice place and not expensive worth a check

Things aren't looking great out here, might need to push it back a few days. Can anyone else make a weekday trip or does it need to happen on a weekend?

I am always down for wheeling on Mondays, but not when its a 6hr drive just to the trail.

I can usually pull off a weekday. I will want to hotel it though. That drive home will suck all the fun out of it for me. Might want to hit a trail or two the next day on the way home.
Watching and listening.

not 100% since I am at the mercy of several factors.

The dive crew has to finish work roughly 1 day from now
The boat has to travel in to port, 12 hours.
I have to drive to Lafayette, 2 hours
I have to report to the office and drop off equipment, 1/2 day.
I have to drive to Dallas to drop off Kendrik's jeep and repair my car, then drive back home. My transfer case is still out of commission, but we can take Katy's XJ.
If I get in tomorrow night I can be home as early as thursday, maybe friday and a weekend run is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Monday or tuesday based on who can come along.

Just got back from a week in Steamboat. Good to see I didn't miss the trip. Anything settled about a time for this?

Back