• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

front leaf spring pics,

92xj

NAXJA Forum User
first off I have searched and I can not get into pirate for some reason, but I have long arms now and this week putting in full widths and 38s, I am thinking about leafs up front. can anyone post some pics of the front and rear spring hangers and shackle of the front leaf spring conversion. I am just researching and looking at options, and I really cant find good pics of the mounting brackets. I have some yj leafs that I think will work for the front, so could someone post some pics or send me links, thanks alot

Last edited:
Inisadow said:
These are the best threads for front leaf conversions.
The only thing that hasn't sold me on a front leaf conversion is approach angle you loose a decent amount. Also I got to see dan stark's rig in the TTC thread and his front is setup insanely.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21517&highlight=front+leaf

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8203&highlight=front+leaf+spring+conversion

This is a better thread of my build:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139642

I broke 6 front leaf clamps again, and another main leaf on the weekend wheelin trip, my new ram bent the Tierod, I chunked off all the side lugs on the used 38s I just put on, bent the tube door I just made, and broke afew other odds and ends...

I've got 2.5" yj springs in the front now and with trimmed fenders it clears 36's pretty well...I thought I had 4" springs in it before and wanted to lower it so I swapped in the known 2.5 springs...still have about 10.5" over a stock xj.
My wife has generic 35's(actually measure 33 and some change) on a 4.5 superflex kit with lots of trimming and just beat me on the ramp at the local shownshine...only by 6 points..........we still have to bumpstop/trim hers a bit to keep from flexxing too far on the trial.
tojcshownshine007.jpg

tojcshownshine018.jpg

So is the leaf spring conversion worth the work? Hers will be nice on the trail, low power v6 not putting too much pressure on the stock axles, nice and low keeping the cg down...but it will be extra simple for me to put the 3/4 gear on later though with the leaf springs (just waiting for the right gear/axle combo to fall into my lap.).

I dunno, just measured from the bottom of the marker light on a stock one and the bottom of the marker light of mine and figured the difference...big numbers there, I coulda messed up...once I get past ten I start getting confused cause I cant untie my boots to count futher or I'll lose my count so I just have to imagine the toes...then its just all hypothetical past that.... :D

Do a search on here for Jeep94xj he did leafs up front. I have seen this thing in person a few times and it works real well.

if you just measured the height of the lights, then you also figured in the lift given by your larger tires. which being 36s would raise the vehicle about 3-4 inches, meaning your suspension lift is around 7 inches. that makes a lot more sense to me

hahahhahahahhaahhaaaaa.........damn.........sharp as a sack of socks I am........damn.......thanks........damn

:doh:

Back