• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97 sport in N Dallas

jeeps4fun

NAXJA Forum User
I jumped the gun on this one, awesome rig but I should've held out and went with my favorite a TJ or LJ.

Here's the details, only had it about two months and wheeled it once, did really well on the trails.. on the street its pretty decent, got some creaks and pops but most unit body rigs will.

4.0L Inline 6 ~109k
Automatic
NP242 Transfer case
New exhaust manifold.

Front End:
HP Dana 30 with 4.88 gear and lockright locker Just serviced
Yukon Chromalloy axle shafts
Diff Guard
Boxed lower control arm mounts
Rear End:
Dana 44 from 87XJ 4.88 Gears and Detroit Ez locker just serviced
ALLOY USA Chromalloy shafts
Warn Diff Guard
Tires and Wheels: 15x8 Black 8 hole steely, 3.5" Backspacing with 35x12.50 Mastercraft MTs with 700 miles on them.

Suspension:
Front - DPG Offroad 5” coils
Bilstein 5150 10” travel shocks
Limiting straps
Carolina Rock shop long arm kit with RE upper adjustable arms – All bushings are rebuild able RE Joints.
TNT Chassis Stiffeners tied in to Long arms and Cage.
Rear – RE 4.5” leafs springs with 1.25” shackles
Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks

Bumpers:
Front – Carolina Rock Shop custom front bumper with winch mount and D rings
Rear – Custom wrap around tire carrier. Wraps around rear quarters for protection.

Cage:
D&C Extreme cage was used as the base. Extra bars where added for strength. X bracing behind the front seats. As well as roof EXO.

Stereo:
Pioneer Stereo with built in DVD player.
7” flip down screen between the sun visors.

Interior: It is in great shape for its age. The interior has husky liners for the floor and cargo areas. And the seats where always covered in seat covers. No cracks on the dash. Currently I'm working on fitting a stock TJ seat in the back, because of the X brace the seat will be located further back in the cargo area, but will still fold and tumble.

Rusty's Steering box brace
RE Chromalloy tie rod Sleaved with 1.25" Pipe

The Bad:
Front Upper CA bushings at the axle need replacing
Front swaybar bushings need replacing
Rock lights are wired but there is a loose wire somewhere
Only Tweeters and Front door speakers are hooked up, there are wires for a sub
Passenger electric window is slow going up

$6,500

Can see a few pics and videos of it in this thread. Didn't have the swaybars disconnected on this trip. Would've flexed a lot better if I had, should've Bumped it up that ledge in the video but it being new to me and all that I wasn't sure what to expect with it lol

http://lsjc.org/board/showthread.php?t=52733

44bfdc2d-6e27-1276.jpg
44bfdc2d-6e38-479d.jpg

Drove it this entire week, mixed rush hour and interstate speeds in 100* temps with the AC on and averaged 13.5mph! Not bad for 35s.

Few interior shots
44bfdc2d-6e98-c3b3.jpg

44bfdc2d-6eae-cddb.jpg

44bfdc2d-6ee5-9b80.jpg

44bfdc2d-6efc-f72a.jpg

An interior detail done right (not my cheap self at the coin vacuum) and the interior would look awesome.

Sweet xj.

Swamprat is not allowed to buy this. RRC forbids it.

Back