• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

On Line Drivers Meeting (Trail Leaders Please Read)

2xtreme

NAXJA Forum User
I was putting together a few things for a Trail Leaders Meeting and Drivers Meeting and decided maybe this would be a better way of providing this info so that there can be some input prior to the event.

There will be sign up sheets for each of the trail runs at check in. Each trail run has a maximum number of people. This is not intended to limit people from doing trails but to keep the groups to reasonable sizes and keep them moving as best as possible. If a trail run is full, please put your name below the rest of the list so that we can add, subtract, change, trail runs as needed. This is done to help organize the group, not to limit the run's people should be able to go on. IF you are going to do your own trail runs with groups please be aware of other groups and when/where they will be going so that we don't "clog" up the trails in any 1 particular area. The last thing anyone wants is 40 vehicles all trying to go up the same route to Funny Rocks. The planned trail run's were designed to try to spread out the groups and vehicles by by area and time to avoid this from happening.

Trail Leaders.
All of you are seasoned, experienced, trail leaders who know the area well and know most of the people who will be attending. I don't believe that we need to have a "in person" meeting to go over a few things that are more a matter of reminders than anything else. So here are a few of the things that I wanted to touch on and remind each of us about (we do have some responsibilities):
1. You are each in carge of the group and your first priority is the safetly of the group.
2. You know the trails that you are leading and have maps, GPS, etc of the area and how to get where you are going (as well as any alternative routes that you may have to use). IF you need anything from me please let me know so that I can provide it for you (copies of maps, other details, alternative route info, etc). If you need GPS info please talk with Hans (XJourney).
3. You are responsible for the group as a whole, please understand that each of the people in your trail ride expect you to be a leader, and make decisions that are best for the group as a whole.
4. Below is a list of a few of the things that should be discussed with each of the people on the trail ride before hand to minimize any incidents.
5. You are responsible for making sure you feel comfortable with the vehicles in your group and that they are capable of doing the trails.

Drivers Meeting.
Each of the Trail Leaders will do the best job they can to provide a safe, enjoyable experience for everyone in the group. They will do the best they can to keep you informed of the conditions, hazards, issues that may arrise on any of the trails, we are not perfect and can only do the best we can with the limited information we have. Please be respectful of each of the Trail Leaders going out of there way to provide the best experience they can to each of you.

Here are a few of the things that I expect the Trail Leaders to go over with the group as a whole:
1. Have all the vehicles in the group passed a tech inspection? If there are any things to be aware of please let the Trail Leader know so that they can be prepared for this in advance of any issues.
2. Recovery points of each vehicle
3. Equipment on and in each vehicle (winches, spare parts, first aid knowledge, etc)
4. First Aid equipment and training in each vehicle
5. CB Channel for the group
6. Expected communication (particularly between the leader and last in the group) usually via CB.
7. Order of vehicles (spreading out winches, lockers, CB's, etc)
8. Time restrictions for return
9. Expected trail etiquitte
10. Winching etiquitte and safety
11. Not loosing the person in front or behind you.

I hope that this is useful and can help provide needed communication between each of the Trail Leaders and members in the group.

Michael

Can you print out an extra points to cover checklist. My printer is TU at the moment.

LET'S ROCK!!!

Is that too much writing for your abused wrists and dainty hands :jester:
Of course I can, just for you.

Michael

Back