• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACFest 2020

RG'sWarden

NAXJA Forum User
The much anticipated yearly event info!

Dates: Thursday, June 18th - Sunday, June 21st
453 Molleystown Road, Pine Grove, PA 17963

Wheeling will take place Thursday, Friday & Saturday

Main Place for Camping & Festivities:
Twin Grove Resort & Campground
1445 Suedberd Road
Pine Grove, PA 17963

Visit www.twingrove.com to book your cabin or site.

Dinner, Raffle & Awards will take place on Saturday night at Twin Grove.

Links to registrations will be coming soon!
:party:

We have an official event page up on the main events page. Check back here and there for more info at a later date!

NACFest Dinner is Set! Here's is another reason to look forward to this event!

Dinner on Saturday, June 20th, 6:30pm at the Clambake Pavilion at Twin Grove Campground.

Catered By Buddy's Log Cabin and featuring:
Chicken Parmesan
Meatballs in Homemade Sauce
Baked Ziti
Cheese Ravioli
Rolls, Garden Salad & Applesauce
For Dessert:
Homemade Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Icing
Homemade Apple Pie

Come Hungry!!

The current consensus seems to be wait and see.

Speaking for myself only, it looks like cases are peaking early and low, so my guess is that the world is likely to be back in order by May. Maybe people rush back together and it flares up again, who knows?

What area at Twin Grove are we using as home base for NACFest? Where is everyone getting campsites/cabins?

Inquiring minds want to know.

--Matt

X2 on Eric's point !
I wish we had a magic ball right about now, but unfortunately we dont.
As it stands right now, no changes, and work continues behind the scenes to make the event happen as scheduled!
However.
Ultimately it is not up to us. Things beyond our control make it so. I am still reluctant at this time to make that call, especially when rausch creek and aoaa are both officially closed with an undetermined reopen date.
I know this sucks, big time. Anyone with campground reservations can still get a full refund if cancelling one full week before your arrival date. We will be taking registration soon as usual, with a full refund if things go south.
Bear with us, this is new ground.
Rich

Thanks for keeping our options open.

As to "command post" location at the campground (to Egon's question), I expect that will be announced at some point as long as things go on as planned. For my part, I booked one of the deluxe cabins (so I'm sort of "glamping"), but I usually mosey over to wherever the campfire action is most nights...

HEADS UP!
If you are going to be staying at Twin Grove Campground for NACFest, here are a few other things going on at the campground the same weekend!!

Fireworks weekend!!!
Wing Eating Contest (whose in??)
How well do you know your Dad contest
Fireworks in a bottle
Basket Raffle

HEADS UP!
If you are going to be staying at Twin Grove Campground for NACFest, here are a few other things going on at the campground the same weekend!!

Fireworks weekend!!!
Wing Eating Contest (whose in??)
How well do you know your Dad contest
Fireworks in a bottle
Basket Raffle

I love me some wings. I can eat a lot but not sure how fast compared to others. I usually eat 2 cheese steaks before someone finishes one though. Thats just normal for me. lol

Back