• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Helmets

iluv83vettes

NAXJA Forum User
So I was looking through the rules for Naxja events to make sure I was good and it says DOT approved helmets. Can I just use my army issued Kevlar? It's good enough to ride in a 5 ton. Or, do I need to go to Wal-Mart and pick up a cheap DOT helmet?

DOT helmets... although we have been talking about making the opitional. Not sure about that yet as I always think "Safety First."

But any DOT approved helmet will work, Bike helmets... which ever will work for you guys.

I'd rather not be required to wear a helmet, but I can bring mine if I must.

So, who all wants to make this opitional? I mean it's your brains... not mine. lol

The park doesn't require helmets, does NAXJA require them?? I mean for the competition, I do think it might be a good idea, but part of me still wants it to be optional.

The helmets were for people competing, not for wheeling.

ok you convinced me. I'll bring my kevlar.

Without a cage, what is a helmet gonna do?

Ummmm... Will think about. Does a motorcycle have a cage? Helmets save lives... thats a proven fact. I see it everyday at work.

Well, I'm not competing in any actual offroading parts. I'll play on the rock garden maybe and the rti ramp. I just don't feel like pushing things balls out in ride home vehicle.

Don't most of you guys wear a helmet in your day to day lives anyways ??

Well, I'm not competing in any actual offroading parts. I'll play on the rock garden maybe and the rti ramp. I just don't feel like pushing things balls out in ride home vehicle.

100% understandable.

please dont require helmets. :( I dont have one that fits my big ass head. :D I cant find one at any store that makes them big enough. Optional? I'll sign a waiver. Or Kurt will for me. He'll be my temporary guardian lol.

Back