• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks to those who made it to NWFest 2009

RlCHARD CRANlUM

NAXJA Forum User
NWFest09002.jpg

Thank you everyone who made it to NWFest 2009. It would have been too quiet without you. Also a big thanks to Auburn Car Repair and Offroad, and especially John for cooking us all dinner. John was also responsible for several raffle prizes to include a generous gift certificate from ARB (can the winner of that gift certificate please send it to me. I made a mistake, and will send you your Master-Pull bag) as well as a Spartan Locker from Randy's Ring and Pinion.

Thanks go to Master-Pull for the several bags, recovery kits, and winch rope for Michael. (Didn't Alex owe you winch rope Michael? I guess I made a mistake on that prize too. Just send it to me, and I'll look after it. I forgot to pay you the $5 I owe you for the Epic mud hole adventure).
NWFest09061.jpg

If you won something good in the raffle, be sure to drop a line to the vendor to thank them. Hans please thank Harbor Freight and Rich. Thank you Hans and Eli for doing the Tech inspections, and Rich for greeting everyone with a smile and a kiss on the cheek. Thank you Rod for putting together the games for the kiddies, and the Crow Creek Death race 2009 blindfolded kamakazi extravaganza. Scott, you owe me $6.50 for my bucket that you killed. Please pay Michael the $5 I owe him.

Thanks Michael for putting together the trail runs. I had a great time on the 1/3 or so Epic run, and got to see something other than the Kaner Flats trail for a change.
NWFest09025.jpg

It was great to put more faces to screen names although I didn't meet a lot of people there thanks again for showing up.

Ken

Thanks...

ACRO for the awesome dinner and raffle contributions.

BOD for an amazing NWF event. All the planning and effort really payed off.

Hans and Michael for leading and planning the Epic Run. It was a lot of fun, and I hope it becomes a Naches tradition.

Dave, Justin, Brandon, Darren, and "Jakethesnake" thanks for being there and staying cool when I flopped both times.

Yes.
Thank you supsa (Dave) for the E fan I broke agin, I tryed to find you when we left.... I owe you an E fan!!!!
And thanks Dustin for the gears, I ll get them back to pi when I get my new Locker in!!!!!
Thanks John for dinner and that other fan that got me thrue the weekend!!!!

And thanks to the other john!! For having the bolts to give to me to put my fan in and holding them while I almost cut your hand and my finger off!!!
I'm still blown away about how humble you are, you own the only and best mag around, I can't say I wouldn't have let it go strate to my head. Cuz it would have.

And wow thanks every one eles my weekend was fun after everything... I made out good in the end.
Manual shifter for my auto, new locker and 100bucks off new tires. sweet stickers too.

How cool where them Toyota guys? Welding up Karl and saving is weekend and what was left of his frame.

Wow what a crazy 5 days that was!

Next year and every year from here on out, hands down the best time EVER!!! I can't beleve I went to work last year and missed out on that.

I'm working on getting all my pics up soon.

Last edited:
Absolutely X 1,000 on the kudos: Ken for the low-key, effective leadership both on the trail and in camp, the raffle in particular. John M for the massive dinner and raffle donation work, it wouldn't be near the event without his efforts. Michael for his trail leadership, particularly the trail planning, which I thought went off quite well even though some itineraries were changed for Saturday. It's nice to have sign-up sheets and lists for those who may not know too many other folks or the trail system so that they can get in on the runs with experienced people rather than just putter around on their own. Hans for the fireside lovin' and soul-mate douchebaggery that we share. Karl for the awesome attitude in the face of tearing his frame apart, and the Toyota guys camped next to us for absolutely hooking him up on the best trail fix I've ever seen. Nothing beats having a fully-equipped fab shop right next door. Rich for his sense of humor, willingness to push himself to new limits on the trail, and of course the epic party hat. Hope your little electric compressor is all good. Matt W for the cool under fire he displayed as he sat flopped on his side at a 60 degree incline on Moon Rocks as we worked to recover him with very minimal damage, and the air in camp on Sunday. Alex for his willingness to be the target of every ounce of shat we throw at him, and for bringing Emil and Victor from Master Pull, who hooked us up with about a million raffle items. Rod for getting the shirts done, and running the blind obstacle course, awesome job. Everyone else for showing up with a great attitude, being willing to lend a hand, and wheeling the piss out of their rigs.

I expect passels of pics to be posted in the next couple of days. :)

Thanks for all of your support!

I think I'd better publicly thank my WIFE for all hard work in prepping everything for the BBQ. Yes, I cooked, but Jen spent way more time getting things in order before we left!

John
Auburn Car Repair & Offroad

Absolutely. Behind every good man, there's a great woman. She's a saint for not only putting up with you and your hobbies, but actively supporting and assisting with them. Tell her we all said "thank you" for her hard work.

My goal for this year was to try and address every issue that was brought up after last years event. For the most part i think we did. And if we missed anything i would like to know what. i think we are all open to suggestions to try and keep making it even better.

I did realize after it was too late, that when we finished dinner and began the raffle, that we really should have thanked everyone then and there. Shame on Ken and I for not having our speeches prepared :laugh3:

John 1000 thanks for ALL your contributions ! Please pass on my familie's huge pat on the back to your wife on the food.

Ken thank you for helping prepare and your wife and kids for there help as well.

Rich it was great to meet you and thanks for your help with the welcome wagon.

a huge thanks to all the trail leaders for the planning and leadership. I think for the most part everyone came prepared and wheeled hard and safe.

To everyone who showed up, thank you. this event was huge ! it would not be what it is without your imput and participation. For the most part i think everyone carried themselves in a safe and mature manner and had alot of fun. I had some great conversations and a ton of good laughs with alot of people.

looking forward to an even bigger and better NW Fest next year :thumbup:

Thanks to all who organized this event, Michael for the trail cordination, Rod for all the work keeping us busy and the overall event work, John and the ACRO guys for all the food and great gifts/prizes, Eli for helping me with my brake junk on the trails and being chill about it, Doug for helping with my brake stuff before going on a trail run and spotting me through some stuff for the first time, Rich for providing good laughs, and Nick for spotting me on the crack amung other rock obsticles with no damage, and Brian for always being up to run trails with me.

I had a great weekend, and being at NWFest this year just reminded me how much my rig and I have gone through/learned over the last year. Not to mention, the only two problems I was worried about over the weekend were coolant spewing, and my brakes, and both were fixed from combined knowledge at NWfest and now both work flawlessly. I drove home with no serious damage, not a single door/fender dent, and only a little rock rash on my bumpers and thors (although my exhaust is toast, but that was long coming). Overall, I'm stoked for next year in hopefully a future rear locked rig (since that was all that held me back this year).

~Scott

Oh and Matt West, thanks for the tire!!!!! And I owe you a coolant bottle cap. :thumbup:

~Scott

I would like to thank Ken and Rod for putting this together. Also Rod the "games" were excellent, they brought everyone together, especially Matt's incredible navigating abilities. ;)

Thank you John and Jen(correct?) for the dinner. I LOVED the beans :D:passgas: and the meats. Also thank you for the raffle items you donated even though I didn't win any of them.

Michael thanks for being the trail coordinator. And for getting the Epic run going.

Thanks to Masterpull for all of the swag, tech and raffle items. I have a new trail bag now, plus a nice tee shirt.

Rich I have put that spring compressor to good use, I have made one heck of a car prowler dispatching device.:skull2:

And a big thanks to all of you who donated items to raffle.
Solid Axles
Randy's Ring and Pinion.
Just Differentials
Pitbull Tires
Interco
Tom Woods
Warn
ARB
Radesign Products
Rich
Rod

And thanks to anyone else who helped put NWFest together.

Hans

Absolutely. Behind every good man, there's a great woman. She's a saint for not only putting up with you and your hobbies, but actively supporting and assisting with them. Tell her we all said "thank you" for her hard work.

x2 and she is probably responsible for saving Alex's life this weekend.

What? Tell the tale of how Jen saved widdle Axel from death and destruction. :)

Thanks to all involved. But also thanks to everybody who came out because they made the weekend what it was, and it was much better than any other weekend this year. I had an amazing time and so did Jared. John that dinner was fantastic! And Will or Dustin, I have one of your guy's yellow ratchet straps still laying in the back of my jeep, you two left before I woke up on Sunday so I couldn't get it to you then :( Thanks Dave, Emil and Eli for the good times around the bon fire. Dustin thanks for fixing my CB. And there are too many names to list who gave me advice and spotted me but I want to thank you all, you defiantly saved my jeep and made the trip a ton of fun! Rod that crazy blindfolded race was an awesome idea! It was very entertaining and I think that night I was probably better off being blindfolded and told where to turn. And I think it was Alex, thanks for punching my Jeep. I am sure I am missing a bunch of people but thanks everybody for a good 4 days :)

Back