• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

When are you ariving?

Clear ATM.

Ugh. Does the words VW rail buggy mean anything?

I'm not going to make it.

I'm not going to waste the money(that i don't have) for gas/food/motel to sit and watch it rain :(

Its a bummer, i was looking forward to meeting you all and playing on the trails.

Maybe next year if I still have a trail rig

Have fun, stay dry somehow and most of all be safe!

Jon

Sorry to hear john. It's actually pretty decent here now. Hit and miss sun, not raining, and right at 80*

How bad are the trails? If its not bad there I have time to make it before dark if I leave by 4pm

Haul ass and get here. We were counting on you to help with the intermediate trails. Not to.mention everybody was looking forward to meeting you.

Sun is out and it hasn't rained since I arrived at noon.

You've got a tow pig...what more do you need??

Jon, bring your ass! All the trails are on top of the mountain.

We're about an hour out. See y'all shortly!

Didn't make it. We got to Abington VA and I lost trailer brakes(suddenly) on a downhill stoplight and got pushed through it. The ABS on the Commander stopped me eventually but there was no way I was going to tackle those mountains with 6500# pushing me around.

Shane stopped with me and we worked on them for an hour with no luck. My Prodigy controller was saying "Short Circuit" and "Over Load" when the brakes were applied.

I sent Shane on and I worked on them until 10pm and got the front axle working by cutting the rear axle out and capping the positive wire.

This trip has been doomed from the start for me. I like to drive my rig and the tranny issues kept me from that, then the rain now the trailer.

I'm home

Didn't make it. We got to Abington VA and I lost trailer brakes(suddenly) on a downhill stoplight and got pushed through it. The ABS on the Commander stopped me eventually but there was no way I was going to tackle those mountains with 6500# pushing me around.

Shane stopped with me and we worked on them for an hour with no luck. My Prodigy controller was saying "Short Circuit" and "Over Load" when the brakes were applied.

I sent Shane on and I worked on them until 10pm and got the front axle working by cutting the rear axle out and capping the positive wire.

This trip has been doomed from the start for me. I like to drive my rig and the tranny issues kept me from that, then the rain now the trailer.

I'm home

That is very unfortunate with the trailer. I wish you could have made it, 2013 was a fun crawl. Weather was surprisingly nice until the sky opened up on us today. I think you would have enjoyed the intermediate ride, Shane and Jason stepped up and had seats for me. Maybe we will hit Crozet this fall?

That is very unfortunate with the trailer. I wish you could have made it, 2013 was a fun crawl. Weather was surprisingly nice until the sky opened up on us today. I think you would have enjoyed the intermediate ride, Shane and Jason stepped up and had seats for me. Maybe we will hit Crozet this fall?

Maybe, I have been there before and wasn't impressed but I hear they have another park now.

I ended up paying via paypal a couple of days before the trip.

If I still have a trail rig next year I will try again.

Get up with me this week so we can work out whether you want a refund or me to ship the stuff you ordered to you .

Back