• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 Sand to Snow run - Sunday March 24

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Forest Ranger Greg Hoffman will be leading his annual Sand to Snow run this year. That will go from the JV area to Big Bear via Rattlesnake Canyon and 2N02.

Greg Hoffman said:
I will be leading a run on 3/24/2013. Leaving Big Bear Discovery Center at 0830. Running from Johnson Valley up Rattlesnake Canyon. Rose Mine to Arrastre Creek back to Big Bear. Bring gas bbq's, camp chairs and an appetite for some outdoor fun! Everyone is welcome, Greg.

If you have time I suggest going on this. His runs are always very informative.

Also he's serious about bringing a gas grill, there's a record at play there. :read:

I wish I could go but I'll be in Mammoth that weekend learning how not to ski.

Bummer that I'll have to miss this.

I'll be at Corral Canyon with the SoCalXJ folks, for our annual Jambo =). Priorities, you know?

Just show up. What other info are you looking for?

If there is a cost? a certain cb channel in case we are late we can catch up? Rig requirements? Is this a scenic run or a challenging run? And anything else we may need to know to make the best out of our first big bear run?

John

No cost.

CB channel/2m frequency will be set at the Discovery Center.

This is a scenic/educational/fun run with some minor rocks as we go up Rattlesnake Canyon. If your rig has 31s and a lift you will be fine.

Be prepared for a full day on the trail, lunch, snacks, plenty of water, etc.

More info from Greg

We'll be meeting at Big Bear Discovery Center at 0815 on Sunday, 3/24. Leaving at 0830.* This will be a very large, busy, slow, lethargic group (last year we had 61 vehicles).* If you want to attend, you'll need to follow directions closely and have patience with the group and public.* We are not in a hurry at all, so-let's all have fun!The BBQ is a bring your own food event (about an hour).* You'll need a gas BBQ, plates, paper ware, chairs, trash bags, drinks etc.

Back