• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Last-88 XJ Wagoneer-ready to wheel

TRL WGN 1

NAXJA Forum User
1988 Jeep Wagoneer-First $2,000 cash can drive it home or I can deliver within 200 miles for $2 a loaded mile.

sad day, but this thing is just not getting used anymore so might as well be sold to someone who will use it. This is my last shot at selling whole. I will begin parting out if it does not sell this week.

I have had this Jeep for over 8 years. The body is rough, but it is ready to take you pretty much wherever you want to go.

Shows well over 200K, but engine was replaced at 178K with an engine showing 45K miles, though this engine does still smoke some, but runs good.

Tranny is original but shifts fine and I have added switches for more control on gear selection (you can disable the auto completely and hold first gear)

T-case-231 with AA HD tail shaft and Terra 2-low
Tom Woods rear shaft
8.8 rear with 4.10's, welded spiders, disc brakes, and diff guard-shock mounts flush with axle
d30 front with 4.10 Richmond Gears (no junk gears-new bearings and seals when gears were installed), Detroit locker, 297 shafts, and diff guard
Suspension is a blend of Rusty's 3" coils and 2" spacers
RE adjustable lower arms
Rusty's adjustable upper arms
RE HD Trac Bar
Rear leafs are Rusty's HD 3.5" with overload spring sitting on 2" blocks (very little axle rap due to the overload spring)
Tires are 5 33x12.5 Swamper bias ply-have ~70% tread mounted on gray rock crawler wheels
XJ Nation T-case skid and gas tank skid
Has 2x6 tube steel welded in place of the factory rockers for rock sliders
2x4 tube rear bumper with receiver hitch
homemade front winch bumper with tow points (very high clearance and light weight)
Has factory ac converted to on-board air that works very well, and has an oiler to keep the compressor working (no tank but was never needed if you rev the motor up to ~2K rpm-fills as fast as my garage compressor)

Beefed up factory tie rod
Homemade sway bar disco's

Body has been beat on but is solid for the most part. Fenders have been trimmed and factory front flares have been remounted higher up.
Doors have been made lift off (unhooked wires and lift them off)

has decent cd player with newer speakers (got to have the tunes)

It is ready to wheel and has proven very reliable. I used to drive it 70 miles one way over to the Two River's Jeep Club trails and wheel all weekend long then drive it back home and it never left me stranded.

Price is $2,000 (price does not include the pictured winch)

This can easily be parted out for more money

DSC00346.jpg

DSC00334.jpg

Would this make an ok DD for around town?
I am looking for something for Travis when he gets home.
His GF has a camary, so he only needs it to go back and forth to work every day.

wouldn't be my first choice for a DD with the Swampers and the welded rear. But it would work. Heat blows hot and AC blows air (in the tires :) )

I use it all fall and winter for a hunting vehicle. In the snowy months I coyote hunt out of it, which consists of 20-70 miles a day driving around chasing dogs and coyotes. It has always been reliable, but it does lack on the creature comforts.

just drove it 40 miles to my brother's and back. Running and driving good. Rides and drives way better than my 99 Super Duty with 1/2 the miles
come on people. This is a trail ready Jeep that won't break the first time out.

Come on!
No one wants a good deal on a pile of great parts, that just happen to make up a complete running and driving Jeep?

If i had 2 grand and a tow rig to bring it back i'd take it!

no reason you can't drive it. You don't need a tow rig. It cruises down the interstate at 65 no problem.

ok well i need someone to take me and the 2 grand! :D

I don't do this often....

This rig is a steal at this price, I have seen it in action...it is built and ready to go.

Rev Approved.

Rev

You know its good now! :D someone buy this Jeep!

Sale is pending
Someone local who has wheeled with me years ago saw it for sale and came to buy it yesterday.
Only reason I am saying pending is because he hasn't brought the cash yet, but will tomorrow.
Thanks Rev for your stamp of approval. :D

Back